Discovery’s production and development teams take ideas through the development process and then take green-lit by series and oversee the production of our series and specials by working with production partners.
As a Development Intern, your adventure could lead you to work on projects and tasks such as:
• Research new ideas and stories as well as casting for new characters in specific regions and content spaces.
• Attend pitch meetings
• Internet research, phone calls, phone interviews, writing, Skype interviewing, attending local shoots, reviewing footage
• Assist with internal development and production meetings
• Drafting treatments/pitch materials
• Gain exposure to development pipeline reporting, tape dubbing and related research
• Keeping track of competitive networks and what they're developing
As a Production Intern, your adventure could lead you to work on projects and tasks such as:
• Exposure to creative development, production and preparation of video content
• Passing editorial notes and research
• Script preparation, footage research
• Preparation logistics for shoots
• Support Executive Producers
Although our spring internship program will be completely remote (students can apply from anywhere), please be aware that this intern will report into a Los Angeles based manager and therefore should expect to work on pacific standard time.
* Must be currently enrolled as a student (proof of enrollment will be required if selected for an internship)
* Must be a Junior, Senior, or Graduate student
* Must have at least a 3.0 GPA
* Must have the legal right to work in the United States.
* Experience with Adobe suite and video editing software
Discovery’s internationally recognized intern program attracts the country’s boldest and brightest students for a paid, for-credit, real-world work experience in the entertainment and media industry.
Like other Fortune 500 companies, we believe in immersing our students in all aspects of our business, giving them first hand experience working for the global leader in real life entertainment. So what sets us apart? We’re passionate about investing in our interns-- both personally and professionally. Whether our program is in-person or remote, every semester is packed with speaker sessions with executives, LinkedIn profile reviews, recruiter panels, roundtable events and professional seminars-- and that just scratches the surface.
Think our program sounds pretty awesome? Our former interns thought so too! Last year, we were voted into Vault’s 2020 internship rankings for best overall internships, best media and telecom internships, and best internships for diversity.
Ready to learn more? Here’s what we offer:
What you can expect to take away from the semester:
And finally, what to know before applying:
We do not require a cover letter- please do not submit one. Instead, demonstrate your passion for the position through your resume and interviews.
Interviewing will take place from October through mid-December. A Discovery Intern team member will contact you if your experiences and interests match an open internship position. Due to the high volume of applications, we are unable to give individual status updates.