Our digital and social media teams throughout Discovery are responsible for creating original content for network websites as well as create social media content for our brands. These teams help drive tune-in to our networks and traffic to our websites while serving as liaisons to our communities of superfans. You could intern across networks such as Discovery Channel, HGTV, Food Network, Travel Channel and more.
As an Editorial Intern, your adventure could lead you to work on projects and tasks such as:
• Workflow organization for social team
• Offer creative input on content and strategies for managing social platforms and conversations
• Research new industry trends
• Market shows, talents and events on social media
• Pick stock photos for articles, research story ideas for our daily news videos, help track down photos for these videos, and even write our daily news scripts
• Assist editors with building articles, photo galleries, and videos for our online properties
• Assist in implementing keyword research and SEO data in the creation of new content
Although our spring internship program will be completely remote (students can apply from anywhere), please be aware that this intern will report into a Knoxville, TN based manager and therefore should expect to work on eastern standard time.
* Must be currently enrolled as a student (proof of enrollment will be required if selected for an internship)
* Must be a Junior, Senior, or Graduate student
* Must have at least a 3.0 GPA
* Must have the legal right to work in the United States.
* Strong writing skills preferred
* Experience with Adobe suite and video editing software
Discovery’s internationally recognized intern program attracts the country’s boldest and brightest students for a paid, for-credit, real-world work experience in the entertainment and media industry.
Like other Fortune 500 companies, we believe in immersing our students in all aspects of our business, giving them first hand experience working for the global leader in real life entertainment. So what sets us apart? We’re passionate about investing in our interns-- both personally and professionally. Whether our program is in-person or remote, every semester is packed with speaker sessions with executives, LinkedIn profile reviews, recruiter panels, roundtable events and professional seminars-- and that just scratches the surface.
Think our program sounds pretty awesome? Our former interns thought so too! Last year, we were voted into Vault’s 2020 internship rankings for best overall internships, best media and telecom internships, and best internships for diversity.
Ready to learn more? Here’s what we offer:
What you can expect to take away from the semester:
And finally, what to know before applying:
We do not require a cover letter- please do not submit one. Instead, demonstrate your passion for the position through your resume and interviews.
Interviewing will take place from October through mid-December. A Discovery Intern team member will contact you if your experiences and interests match an open internship position. Due to the high volume of applications, we are unable to give individual status updates.