Marketing plays a critical role at Discovery around the world. On the network side, our marketing teams work diligently to create a strong brand presence and drive new and current viewers to tune into our programming. Our corporate functions use marketing to create interest in products and programs we provide at Discovery.
As a Marketing Intern, your adventure could lead you to work on projects and tasks such as:
• Assisting the marketing strategy and creative teams on the day-to-day creation consumer marketing campaigns.
• Help with the ideating, defining, managing and executing deliverables.
• Interfacing with various departments across the company to ensure effective communication.
• Creating presentations for senior management using Keynote.
• Gain an inside look at what it takes to create a marketing campaign from start to finish.
• Execute duties such as meeting set up, shipping, premium ordering, events etc.
Although our spring internship program will be completely remote (students can apply from anywhere), please be aware that this intern will report into a New York City based manager and therefore should expect to work on eastern standard time.
* Must be currently enrolled as a student (proof of enrollment will be required if selected for an internship)
* Must be a Junior, Senior, or Graduate student
* Must have at least a 3.0 GPA
* Must have the legal right to work in the United States.
Discovery’s internationally recognized intern program attracts the country’s boldest and brightest students for a paid, for-credit, real-world work experience in the entertainment and media industry.
Like other Fortune 500 companies, we believe in immersing our students in all aspects of our business, giving them first hand experience working for the global leader in real life entertainment. So what sets us apart? We’re passionate about investing in our interns-- both personally and professionally. Whether our program is in-person or remote, every semester is packed with speaker sessions with executives, LinkedIn profile reviews, recruiter panels, roundtable events and professional seminars-- and that just scratches the surface.
Think our program sounds pretty awesome? Our former interns thought so too! Last year, we were voted into Vault’s 2020 internship rankings for best overall internships, best media and telecom internships, and best internships for diversity.
Ready to learn more? Here’s what we offer:
What you can expect to take away from the semester:
And finally, what to know before applying:
We do not require a cover letter- please do not submit one. Instead, demonstrate your passion for the position through your resume and interviews.
Interviewing will take place from October through mid-December. A Discovery Intern team member will contact you if your experiences and interests match an open internship position. Due to the high volume of applications, we are unable to give individual status updates.