Discovery, Inc is presently searching for a Vice President, Ad Sales Research & Strategy to join our sales research team responsible to support the monetization efforts across Discovery, Inc’s leading passion brands – Discovery, Travel, Science & Motortrend. This person will lead a team of researchers in the production of compelling research analysis and consumer insights across our television networks, TVE Go Platforms, Site & Social and Direct to Consumer Products. Partner with the SVP of Ad Sales Research & Strategy and help lead the research organization as it traverses the ongoing disruption in the media industry.
1. Act as a strategic advisor to ad sales executive management team, effectively voicing fact-based insights and recommendations on positioning our brands in the marketplace to meet revenue goals and strategic priorities.
2. Work with partners across Ad Sales, Networks and Programming teams to develop and execute clear, actionable research strategy to support The Discovery, Travel, Science & Motortrend brands.
3. Develop, synthesize and create complex qualitative and quantitative research and translate them into persuasive stories to drive sales and marketing efforts.
4. Manage research suppliers that serve the informational needs of the lines of business.
5. Use primary and secondary research systems to produce relevant sales and network reports, analyses and presentations.
6. Present in executive meetings, as needed, and in support of Research executive leadership team.
7. Assure that research reports are consistent, accurate, and timely to key stakeholders.
8. Update and maintain monthly and quarterly reports and all relevant research archives.
9. Collaborate with ad sales research colleagues to exchange relevant information, and insights.
10. Manage and lead a team; provide ongoing feedback and development opportunities to engage and retain workforce while maximizing performance.
11. Participate in special projects and assignments.
* 12-15+ years of relevant business experience at a media company, ad agency, market research firm or equivalent.
* Thorough knowledge of Nielsen data and systems; Lake5 & MRI. Simmons, comScore, Google Analytics, Nielsen Social, Adobe Analytics, Tubular, Kantar. a plus
* Demonstrated ability to synthesize information and research data to "tell a story" with action-oriented implications.
* Proven expertise in a variety of qualitative and quantitative fields, concepts, practices, and procedures. Able to demonstrate extensive knowledge managing primary qualitative and quantitative research projects.
* Analytical thinker with strong detail orientation and business acumen eager to partner with colleagues on diverse projects to move the business forward.
* Excellent leadership and organizational skills
* Experience managing and training direct reports in media research
* Ability to work independently to fulfill requests from within and outside research department.
* Bachelor’s degree in a related field
* Proficiency in Microsoft Office tools (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook).
* Must have the legal right to work in the United States
New York City, New York, NYC, NY