Join the team that builds campaigns for Shark Week, Puppy Bowl and BattleBots from the ground up! The Discovery Marketing team is seeking a highly motivated, results-oriented individual with a passion for entertainment and marketing. The Marketing Manager will be responsible for planning and executing campaigns on and off Discovery platforms that build awareness and drive engagement for the Discovery, Animal Planet and Science brands and shows. This team is focused on working hard to know the Discovery audience inside out and develops strong campaigns across on-air, cross and paid media to keep our viewers engaged and bring in new audiences. This candidate must be an energetic, innovative thinker with finely tuned project management skills and a go getter attitude. The role is based in Los Angeles, California or New York, NY.
The Marketing Manager will report to the VP of Marketing and is responsible for building and leading campaigns, the management marketing deliverables and reporting on success of campaigns and adjusting strategies based on results. This role will be responsible for positioning campaigns, tracking the creation and delivery of promo and design assets, securing strategic partnerships and leadership of surrounding consumer events and promotions.
1. Lead overall marketing strategy for assigned projects, including creation of goals, marketing approach, audience targeting and positioning
2. Architect marketing plans that consider paid and owned media, as well as social, promotions, events and partnerships to build out a holistic strategy for show campaigns and launches.
3. Manage and track a large number of creative deliverables for priority show promotions.
4. Work effectively with team members throughout the network portfolio including programming, production, digital, press, research, creative and Discovery GO teams to develop and deliver on marketing plans.
5. Collaborate with creative teams to ensure all is on brand and aligns with campaign strategy.
6. Create decks and presentations to pitch new ideas, plans and partnerships.
7. Prioritize and manage multiple projects at any one time.
8. Execute out of the box marketing ideas, such as partnerships, events and sweepstakes.
9. Write and develop creative briefs that help to position priority series and specials.
10. Oversee project budgets and work with team to track and forecast.
* Bachelor's Degree
* 5+ years of professional work experience, ideally in a marketing, agency, media or entertainment company.
* Experience leading 360 creative development and media planning at a national level.
* Understanding of digital and social marketing.
* Superior project management and organizational skills with the ability to manage timelines and a large number of deliverables and assets.
* Demonstrated bias for action and willingness to roll up sleeves to get work done, even when outside the scope of the job.
* Experience using data and metrics to measure impact and determine improvements
* Knowledge of budget management and tracking.
* Collaborative team player with strong leadership skills, familiarity with complex, matrixed organizations.
* Excellent communication (verbal and written), interpersonal and presentation skills are essential for this highly collaborative position.
* Demonstrated organizational skills and strong attention to detail.
* Fluent in Mac environments as well as MS Office including Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
* Must have the legal right to work in the US.
los angeles, la, lax, california, ca