Discovery, Inc. is seeking a dynamic and strategic Producer to focus on digital content development and production for our direct-to-consumer app, Food Network Kitchen. A successful candidate for this role will help to pitch, develop, and execute on compelling on-demand programming for ongoing and upcoming initiatives.
The Producer will work with the Supervising Producer to execute on new digital programming. Core responsibilities include content development and production, production oversight, working with talent and driving projects from pre-production through final delivery, ensuring that projects remain on schedule throughout the process.
1. Work with Supervising Producer to oversee daily on-demand production operations with a potential need for weekend coverage for the Food Network Kitchen app.
2. Work with Supervising Producer and internal teams ranging from editorial and culinary to on-air talent relations on pre-production tasks, including talent outreach, recipe selections, breakdowns, etc to support multiple on-demand shoots per month.
3. Work with internal and external post teams and other internal stakeholders to manage post review and edit notes for on-demand video assets.
4. Work with Supervising Producer to scale content and surface efficiencies.
5. Partner with editorial, convergent, social, marketing, programming and research teams to develop and align on content best practices.
6. Work with internal production teams to facilitate and track production needs and video delivery related to marketing assets.
7. Monitor competitive programming and marketplace trends to suggest new strategies and techniques to incorporate into programming.
8. Work with Supervising Producer and other key stakeholders to develop the overall look and feel of new series, including development of storylines, formats and talent.
* Must have food/culinary media experience
* Must have experience representing brand or network vision while working with third-party production companies
* Must have experience working in a scaled daily production environment, preferably with live-to-tape video production
* Must have digital post-production experience and understanding of post timelines and deliverables
* Must understand an app-based audience and viewing habits within these environments.
* Must be collaborative and possess a high degree of adaptability and flexibility.
* Strong familiarity with new and emerging video programming platforms (Apple TV, Roku, Amazon Fire, iOS, Android, Windows 8, and other OTT platforms/connected devices).
* Must possess strong communication skills, both in-person and digitally.
* Minimum of 3-4 years digital video production experience.
* Must be highly organized and very comfortable operating in a startup-style environment.
* Must have a critical and advanced eye in terms of aesthetics and storytelling.
* Bachelor’s degree required
* Bonus points for experience shooting, editing, and directing.
* Some travel required
* Must have the legal right to work in the United States.
New York City, New York, NYC, NY