Discovery, Inc. is the global leader in real life entertainment. We serve passionate fans with content that inspires, informs, and entertains, providing leadership across deeply loved and trusted brands, such as Discovery Channel, TLC, Animal Planet, HGTV, Food Network, and Travel Channel. Available in 220 countries and territories and 50 languages, Discovery reaches viewers on all screens and services, from free-to-air and pay-TV channels, to digital streaming services, to social and mobile-first content. Discovery delivers over 8,000 hours of original programming each year.
Discovery's Digital group is a well-funded start-up within Discovery Inc. We are fast, nimble, and have fun developing innovative and immersive digital products and content for iconic brands. We are working at the crossroads of technology, entertainment, and every day utility. As content creators across the digital ecosystem, we leverage our technology to create immersive viewing and interactive experiences. We tell engaging stories to millions of viewers across the Internet every day, and bring new interactive experiences to life to entertain and improve the lives of our customers.
The Senior Program Manager will help the direct-to-consumer (DTC) leadership and team members plan and execute initiatives across product, engineering, content, marketing, and business work streams within the Discovery Lifestyle DTC team. They will serve as a key advisor to the Lifestyle DTC leadership and will support new DTC initiatives such as Food Network Kitchen, Magnolia, and more. This Senior Program Manager will support key daily and weekly business operations used to coordinate, collaborate, and executive these programs. They will lead projects independently across work streams, while also partnering closely with leaders to support other initiatives. To do so, they will effectively collaborate across disciplines in a matrixed and geographically diverse team.
A successful person in this role will have strong project management and problem-solving skills. They will communicate effectively, both in writing and verbally. They will build effective and productive relationships by fostering trust and communicating clearly. They will be organized, have a bias to act quickly, enjoy diving into details and data, and be curious to learn all facets of the program. They will also be bold to advise program leadership on what can be improved, what the team needs to thrive, and what activities should be prioritized.
1. Plan, execute, and improve operations across program workstreams, including product, engineering, content, marketing, business development, finance, and more.
2. Run weekly leadership meetings to make key decisions, ensure effective collaboration, and educate and inform team members.
3. Serve as a key advisor to Lifestyle DTC leadership and General Managers.
4. Lead cross-functional projects in close collaboration with the General Managers and executive stakeholders.
5. Own and coordinate day-to-day program reporting, including status, priorities, risks (and mitigations), and action items.
6. Ensure each team has the information and assets needed to effectively deliver their key priorities.
7. Foster effective collaboration and systems that help teams executive and improve their work streams.
8. Enhance program mechanisms and processes to support a culture of continuous improvements.
* 5+ years of experience as a program or project manager within a technology or digital organization.
* Experience contributing in valued roles on high profile, multi-faceted programs.
* Experience delivering all phases of a project, including planning, design, development, and production.
* Experience working with senior and/or executive leadership.
* Excellent problem solving, critical thinking, and analytical skills.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
* Strong attention to detail and a high-degree of follow-through.
* A love of working closely with others to empower them to excel.
* Curiosity and a willingness to learn.
* Must have the legal right to work in the United States
Bellevue, Washington, WA, BLV