Discovery's Digital group is a well-funded start-up within Discovery Communications. We are fast, nimble and have fun developing new, innovative and immersive digital content for eighteen iconic brands, including Discovery Channel, TLC, HGTV, Investigation Discovery, Food Network and Animal Planet.
We are a small but mighty team working at the crossroads of technology and entertainment. As content creators in the digital space, we’re building on the Discovery legacy by using technology to evolve the viewing experience… telling better, more engaging stories to millions of viewers across the Internet every day.
What’s in it for you?
This is an incredibly exciting time to join the digital business. As the Director, Partnership Execution, you will play a key role in the evolution and success of the Direct-to-Consumer (DTC) business. You’ll have the opportunity to work with a dynamic, passionate and incredibly talented creative team to launch a new subscription-based streaming & interactive experience from the ground up.
The Director, Partnership Execution will be responsible for the strategic leadership of our marketing partnerships program. In this role you will spearhead the development and implementation of the direct-to-consumer growth partnerships strategy, build and manage effective customer activation journeys, and work in collaboration with the business development teams to develop and pitch partner proposals.
This role will be crucial in supporting the overall direct-to-consumer business growth via strategic partnerships and will own the delivery and management of all partner marketing relationships and activation campaigns with the ultimate objective of driving customer growth.
• You have proven experience developing and successfully executing a holistic marketing partnerships strategy within a direct to consumer environment, with specific background in designing customer journeys and marketing campaigns that drive activation.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills, you can develop partner proposals with clear narratives and compelling solutions and can seamlessly work with all levels of a partner organization.
• You are willing and able to tackle everything from the day-to-day execution of a marketing campaign to high level strategy on new initiatives
• Experience creating processes and playbooks to help drive efficiency and standardization of our partnerships program.
• A customer first, creative thinker who isn’t afraid of working with data to enhance campaigns and overall strategies.
• Exceptional ability to lead complex and cross-functional projects to deliver outcomes.
1. Develop the marketing partnerships strategy and effectively execute it with new and existing partnerships – successfully delivering exponential customer growth.
2. Design and implement individual plans and innovative approaches per partner; identify opportunities, craft partnership models tailored to both businesses’ goals, define customer activation journey maps, develop marketing campaigns, define KPIs and scope activities with cross-functional team.
3. Work internally with key stakeholders (distribution, ad sales, finance, analytics and marketing) to develop partnership pitches/proposals, including synthesizing data points to evaluate, prioritize and forecast opportunity size and delivery needs.
4. Develop and manage customer activation campaigns per partner including creative briefing, asset management, customer journeys, bespoke redemption codes, reporting and analysis.
5. Ensure key results are well defined and that partnerships are measured and evaluated to determine value and effectiveness, with results shared internally and with partners.
6. Build and manage relationships with key marketing partners by being the point of contact for partnership delivery and day to day campaign management - helping them achieve their objectives and providing regular updates on performance and optimizations to evolve the program.
7. Lead and grow a high-performing team; offer clear support and guidance on objectives and their responsibilities, create a positive, delivery-focused and collaborative team.
8. Establish strong cross-functional relationships with internal stakeholders, including product, acquisition, engagement, creative and distribution.
* 10-15 years of relevant experience, such as: marketing partnerships, strategic partnerships, customer activation marketing campaigns, in fast growth, high performance organization(s).
* Proven project management and strategic marketing skills, including creating effective pitch documents and co-branded customer activation marketing campaigns.
* A great communicator who can tell the full story at all levels within the organization, bringing all stakeholders along with them.
* Ability to get into the detail, problem solve, resolve issues and bring teams together.
* Strong analytical skills with the ability to use data and metrics to back up assumptions, recommendations and drive action
* A self-starter who thrives in a fast-paced, dynamic start-up environment
* Must have the legal right to work in the United States
New York City, New York, NYC, NY