Discovery is looking for a Culinary Producer. The ideal candidate must have extensive knowledge of culinary, ability to manage change well, be a problem solver and very organized. This position will be located in New York.
1. Develops show content including research, talking points, and food action scripts for the kitchen shows.
2. Works on set for the kitchen shows and is a liaison between producers, talent and kitchen staff.
3. Works on large-scale reality competition shows, coordinating logistics, developing challenge concepts, selecting casts, working with producers, kitchen and contestants to execute challenges.
4. Works closely with talent, producers and programming executives.
5. Must also have recipe writing and development skills as well as culinary writing expertise.
6. Will often oversee large staffs and must be able to manage people well.
7. Must be able to oversee and manage the culinary budget.
* Bachelor’s degree
* Culinary degree
* 1 year of Culinary producing
* Time management – overlapping tape dates, location visits, continual deadlines
* Judgment – representing our Brand with diplomacy and tact to production companies while upholding the importance of content and the look of food shot on set
* Problem solving – ability to negotiate difficult matters on set and behind the scenes based on sound knowledge of Food Network production procedures
* Manage change well – Every new production company has a different way of working so candidate must be able to plug into variety of work styles and quickly become a vital member of their team
* Organization and planning skills
* Sound knowledge of culinary – both savory, baking and pastry, and sanitation
* Available to travel as travel is required
* Long periods of standing required
* Potential for very long days
* Must have a valid driver’s license
* Must have the legal right to work in the Unites States
New York, New York City, NYC, NY