Discovery, Inc., the new global leader in real life entertainment with powerful brands such as Discovery Channel, TLC, Animal Planet, HGTV, Food Network, and Travel Channel, is searching for a Senior Manager – Other Revenue Accounting in Knoxville, TN to join our Global Business Services (“GBS”) team.
Oversees the daily operations of the Other Revenue accounting teams, establishes and maintains accounting policies and controls, prepares financial reports and safeguards the organization's assets. Maintains accounting and financial records and reports, including general ledger, financial statements, regulatory and management reports.
Not familiar with Knoxville?
Many people know Knoxville as the heart of Vol Country, but it's also been named Top 100 Best Places to Live, Forbes’ Best Places for Careers, Forbes’ Most Affordable Cities, Huffington Post’s Top 10 Places to Relocate to in the US and more.
1. Manage the Other Revenue accounting teams
2. Review other revenue related contracts as needed to determine proper revenue recognition in accordance with applicable pronouncements and company policies.
3. Provide Operations, Finance, and Sales clear direction of US GAAP revenue recognition implications of the new and/or non-standard deal terms.
4. Coordinate independent technical accounting research and document conclusions.
5. Monitor day-to-day, month and quarter end close activities (revenue assurance, account reconciliation, analysis and reporting) to ensure revenue is properly and accurately recorded for the period.
6. Review monthly other revenue accrual calculations to ensure accuracy.
7. Review and post monthly journal entries related to other revenue.
8. Assist with the continuous review and improvement of revenue systems and business processes related to SAP and associated revenue systems.
9. Perform other revenue related balance sheet account reviews and reconciliations.
10. Prepare/review management reports including applicable revenue-related analyses, metrics and KPI’s.
11. Assist with the maintenance and updating of internal controls for the contract to cash cycle and the related internal control compliance process.
12. Serve as the Other Revenue Accounting lead for current and future US Digital and Linear M&A and joint ventures
13. Cultivate strong internal partnerships with business unit personnel
14. Assist internal and external audit in their audit evaluation processes as requested.
15. Ability to utilize principles of analytical scientific reasoning to describe problems, obtain data, validate facts, and fashion logical conclusions
* BS/BA in Accounting or Finance and at least 5 - 10 years of revenue accounting experience
* CPA required
* Experience with large ERP system (SAP preferred), strong in Excel and PC skills
* Applies fundamental functional/technical and business knowledge typically gained through formal education to deliver assigned work
* Results oriented, strong attention to detail a must
* Seeks guidance on new or unfamiliar tasks
* Keeps others informed of workload, timeline, and resources needed to accomplish tasks
* Ability to work under conditions of pressure and adjust to urgent situations
* Ability to work independently as well as working collaboratively with team members across the organization and prioritize multiple deliverables with competing deadlines
* Attention to detail and accuracy as well as strong organizational skills
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Ability to foster positive working relationships across the organization
* Proven ability to assess new challenges, identify areas for improvements, articulate action plans to management and follow through to implementation.
* Must have the legal right to work in the United States.
It’s a plus if you have:
* Proficiency of SAP, Operative One, Gabriel/Ideal
* Experience in creating financial and other data models
* Digital Media Advertising experience
Knoxville, KNX, Tennessee, TN, KNOX