About Discovery, Inc.
Discovery is the global leader in real life entertainment, serving passionate fans around the world with content that inspires, informs and entertains. Discovery delivers over 8,000 hours of original programming each year across deeply loved content genres.
Available in 220 countries and territories and 50 languages, Discovery is a platform innovator, reaching viewers on all screens and services, from linear, free-to-air and pay–TV channels to digital products and streaming services, to social and mobile-first content and formats. Discovery’s portfolio of premium brands includes Discovery Channel, HGTV, Food Network, TLC, Investigation Discovery, Travel Channel, Turbo/Velocity, Animal Planet, and Science Channel, as well as OWN: Oprah Winfrey Network in the U.S., Discovery Kids in Latin America, and Eurosport, the leading provider of locally relevant, premium sports and Home of the Olympic Games across Europe.
About the Role
Discovery, Inc., the new global leader in real life entertainment with powerful brands such as Discovery Channel, TLC, Animal Planet, HGTV, Food Network, and Travel Channel, is searching for an Accountant – Other Revenue in Knoxville, TN to join our Global Business Services (“GBS”) team.
Implements accounting policies and controls for the Other Revenue team, fiscal controls, prepares financial reports and safeguards the organization's assets. Maintains accounting and financial records and reports, including general ledger, financial statements, regulatory and management reports.
Not familiar with Knoxville?
Many people know Knoxville as the heart of Vol Country, but it's also been named Top 100 Best Places to Live, Forbes’ Best Places for Careers, Forbes’ Most Affordable Cities, Huffington Post’s Top 10 Places to Relocate to in the US and more.
1. Review customer contracts to determine proper revenue recognition in accordance with applicable pronouncements and company policies.
2. Ensure compliance and of the company’s revenue recognition policies and practices.
3. Perform revenue cut-off procedures at quarter-end to ensure revenue is properly and accurately recorded for the period.
4. Handle day-today, month and quarter end close activities (Revenue assurance, account reconciliation, analysis and reporting).
5. Participate in monthly revenue analysis against forecast.
6. Manage other revenue accounting and reporting due to vendors.
7. Assist the billings and collections group in invoice validation and posting of invoices to SAP.
8. Assist with the continuous review and improvement of revenue systems and business processes related to SAP and associated revenue systems.
9. Perform other revenue related accounts review and reconciliations.
10. Prepare management reports including applicable revenue-related metrics and kpi’s.
11. Assist with the maintenance and updating of internal controls for the contract to cash cycle and the related internal control compliance process.
12. Assist internal and external audit in their audit evaluation processes as requested.
13. Cultivate strong internal partnerships with business unit personnel
14. Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
* BS/BA in Accounting or Finance and at least 2-4 years of revenue accounting experience
* Experience with large ERP system (SAP preferred), strong in Excel and PC skills
* Applies fundamental functional/technical and business knowledge typically gained through formal education to deliver assigned work
* Results oriented, strong attention to detail a must
* Seeks guidance on new or unfamiliar tasks
* Keeps others informed of workload, timeline, and resources needed to accomplish tasks
* Ability to work under conditions of pressure and adjust to urgent situations
* Ability to work independently as well as working collaboratively with team members across the organization and prioritize multiple deliverables with competing deadlines
* Attention to detail and accuracy as well as strong organizational skills
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Ability to foster positive working relationships across the organization
* Must have the legal right to work in the United States
It's a plus if you have:
* Proficiency of SAP
* CPA preferred
* Revenue recognition experience
Knoxville, KNX, Tennessee, TN