Discovery, Inc., the new global leader in real life entertainment with powerful brands such as Discovery Channel, TLC, Animal Planet, HGTV, Food Network, and the Travel Channel, is searching for a Director, Product Operations in New York, NY to join our join our team to build and manage products in our well loved lifestyle brands for consumers across mobile, tablet, connected TVs, and voice-based devices.
What You'll Do
As the Director, Product Operations, you will be a leader on a team working cross-functionally to bring new products to market and lay the groundwork for operations. You will ensure that the teams you work with proceed smoothly from ideation through to release. This role will help us set our product and launch strategy, create and manage detailed cross-functional implementation plans.
1. Work closely with leadership team to finalize operational design for new products
2. Create detailed models & analyses to inform product decisions
3. Build detailed cross-functional implementation plans against concrete timelines for key new product milestones; collaborate across functions to ensure successful execution of plans.
4. Use quantitative and qualitative feedback to help drive process improvement.
5. Work closely with Product to ensure all requirements are ready for implementation and to inform product roadmaps
6. Streamline processes, create and improve on existing process documentation
7. Own and communicate the planning and delivery calendars for our products
8. Conduct strategic analyses and work cross-functionally to help inform product strategy
9. Serve as a central expert, and maintain an updated central source of truth for information about the team’s products
10. Ensure communication and facilitation across design, product and engineering teams
* Bachelor’s degree; Master’s a plus
* 5+ years experience in software product or program management (or closely related roles in a tech product environment)
* Project management training and experience preferred.
* Superior computer skills, including experience with excel and complex operational models (e.g., budgeting and forecasting).
* Strong interpersonal, organizational, communications and problem-solving skills and ability to collaborate well across different functions and levels within the organization.
* Organized with strict attention to detail while being able to prioritize appropriately.
* Maintain accountability and accept responsibility for key initiatives.
* Excellent excel, powerpoint, word skills
* Capable of juggling multiple tasks
* Must have the legal right to work in the United States
New York City, New York, NYC, NY