We are hiring a Vice President of Technology for the Digital and Direct-to-Consumer product for Magnolia, a joint venture partnership between Discovery, Inc. and Chip and Jo Gaines. This role will lead, manage, and inspire the software engineering teams that launch and support ongoing development of the Magnolia product on Web, iOS, Android, Amazon, Roku, voice, and emerging platforms. The Magnolia product will solve practical problems for customers, improve their everyday lives, and create passionate and loyal fans. The VP of Technology role will develop the architecture and delivery of the digital product, working closely with peers on shared digital platform teams, product, design, and P&L leaders.
An ideal candidate will take a hands-on approach to deliver the best product experience for customers. They build for scale, develop technologies with a long-term outlook, build trust with their engineering team & people from all areas of the business, and have a proven track record. This leader takes end-to-end ownership and consistently delivers results in a fast-paced environment. They are a leader that the team loves to work with because they inspire, develop, and care for their team members.
1. Develop an end-to-end architectural proposal for building the Magnolia product. The proposal will define new services and UI components required, and will re-use existing components, services, and digital platforms to accelerate delivery timeline.
2. Collaborates with InfoSec, CMS, Ad Ops, Product, Content/Marketing, and Digital Platform teams to develop architecture proposal and to prioritize and build new features.
3. Develop the eCommerce architecture for managing products, prices, payments
4. Implement quality assurance a load testing to ensure high-reliability and performance of the apps, services, and infrastructure
5. Provide Level of Effort (LOE) for solutions & undertake diligence of 3rd party products / services.
6. Ensure SDLC processes are in place to support rapid iteration and frequent deployments
7. Champion engineering and operational excellence, establishing metrics and processes that drive velocity, adaptability & revenue.
8. Help build, lead & mentor great software teams to deliver world-class consumer products.
9. Drive an excellent customer experience, continually raising the bar on functionality, usability, and simplicity.
* You measure success in terms of performance & scale of your engineering solutions and not your team size and budget.
* You strive in a culture of innovation - willing to say yes and try out new ideas and living outside your comfort zone.
* You are comfortable handling multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment.
* Deep understanding of how culture and team dynamics create exceptional teams.* BS/MS in Computer Science or a related technical field.
* 10+ years of professional experience architecting, developing, and launching software products and/or services.
* 4+ years of experience managing successful engineering teams including hiring and performance management.
* Expertise in problem solving and analysing global scale distributed systems.
* Working knowledge of caching technologies and patterns (e.g., Memcache, Redis, CDNs) and other related application scaling techniques.
* Knowledge of Video compression, packaging and streaming technologies.
* Must have authorization to work in the United States.
Bellevue, Washington, Seattle, WA