Discovery's Digital group is a well-funded start-up within Discovery, Inc. We are fast, nimble and have fun developing new, innovative and immersive digital content for eighteen iconic brands, including Discovery Channel, HGTV, Food Network, TLC, Investigation Discovery and Animal Planet.
We are a small but mighty team working at the crossroads of technology and entertainment. As content creators in the digital space, we’re building on the Discovery legacy by using technology to evolve the viewing experience… telling better, more engaging stories to millions of viewers across the Internet every day.
The Executive Assistant will provide administrative support to multiple executives in the US Digital Division. This includes heavy schedule and travel management, expense reports, sensitive communications, and providing high level support to the broader Digital team.
1. Manage calendar for multiple executives.
2. Schedule and organize internal and external meetings, including preparation of meeting materials, conference room set up, and catering.
3. Arrange travel itineraries and complete travel and expense reports.
4. Provide day to day support for the Digital team, including coordination of team meetings, events, and parties.
5. Answer telephone, screen and route calls, respond to internal and external inquiries and provide routine information within scope of authority.
6. Act as administrative liaison to department staff, internal partners, vendors, and consultants.
7. Maintain and initiate the ordering of department supplies and materials.
8. Assist with financial processing of invoices and purchase orders.
9. Partner closely with other Executive Assistants on team and provide back up support as needed.
10. Work on special projects and perform other related duties as assigned.
* A minimum of 3 years of executive administrative experience within a fast paced, corporate environment.
* Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience strongly preferred.
* Strong organizational and administrative management skills; must be articulate and detail-oriented.
* Self-motivated team player who thrives in collaborative environment.
* Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
* Proactive with ability to anticipate executive needs and ensure thorough follow-up.
* Ability to assess priorities and maintain composure and diplomacy at all times.
* Significant level of discretion due to exposure to confidential information.
* Must be adaptable and flexible to an ever-changing environment.
* Strong MS Outlook and MS Office skills (PowerPoint, Word and Excel).
* Legal right to work in the US.
New York City, New York, NYC, NY