Discovery, Inc., the new global leader in real life entertainment with powerful brands such as Discovery Channel, TLC, Animal Planet, HGTV, Food Network, and Travel Channel, is searching for a Coordinator-Operations in our Knoxville, Tennessee office to join our People & Culture/Human Resources team.
As People & Culture Operations Coordinator, you'll be the front line (Tier 1) support engaging in direct contact with customers and internal support of HR partners. You'll be tasked with answering employees’ inquiries through our internal portal and case management system, troubleshooting questions related to the Tier 1 administration of benefits, compensation, HRIS and Case Management systems functionalities. In this incredibly collaborative role, you'll team up with other operations members to determine escalation protocols to ensure compliance within all operational SLAs. You will also be supporting the recruitment function, from an interview scheduling/onboarding perspective.
1. Serve as departmental point of contact for recruiting to schedule and administer candidate interviews, along with executing onboarding activities
2. Answer customers’ (employees, vendors, business partners, managers, etc.) questions regarding benefits, payroll, taxes, absence, time, compensation and HRIS Administration.
3. Serve as front line, Tier 1, administration for employee requests ensuring exceptional customer service satisfaction.
4. Document all inquiries, issues and transactions using the case management system
5. Serve as departmental liaison with recruiting and HR Business Partners regarding open and available positions.
6. Coordinate the planning, development, and implementation of consistent position management processes to release positions for hire.
7. Serve as front line benefit administration, answering questions regarding benefit plans while escalating questions to the specialist and P&C Operations management as needed.
8. Maintain and ensure compliance with organizational approval guidelines for hiring processes; review position transactions for accuracy and conformity to policy guidelines.
9. Perform HRIS research/troubleshoot on a variety of areas such as HCM, benefit, payroll, compensation, performance management, absence management, time, workflow processes, security set up, integration and case management system
10. Design and develop reports, queries and extrapolate data/information
11. Participate in projects and initiatives to improve processes and drive efficiency
12. Achieve performance measures and adhere to established SLA requirements
13. Perform other responsibilities as assigned, which may become essential to the position
One thing to note:
Although we try to stick to a typical 8 hour work schedule, sometimes our work extends into evenings, holidays. Don’t worry though, one of our core values is Work/Life Balance and we stick to it. We’re definitely flexible and get that work is only one part of your life.
* You have 1+ years of experience in human resources and Bachelor Degree in HR / business / or related field
* It's a plus if you have 1+ years of experience within an HR operations team, service provider and/or shared services environment
* You have experience in onboarding
* You've worked in HR Systems previously. It's a plus if you've worked in SAP, iCIMS, and SuccessFactors.
* You're knowledgeable of case management systems such as ServiceNow
* You have strong verbal/written communication skills, organization skills, you're detail-oriented, yet able to analyze and recommend alternatives
* You're able to prioritize and address competing demands with a very strong ability to multi-task efficiently
* You have a high degree of respect for the confidentiality and sensitivity of HR and payroll data
* You enjoy learning new computer systems and programs and are able to pick them up quickly.
* You can work quickly and efficiently within a fast-paced global environment and atmosphere
* Must have the legal right to work in the United States
Knoxville, Tennessee, KX, TN