This position plays an integral role within the Procurement organization related to technology and processes to drive efficiency and performance for Discovery. The position is responsible for supporting the technology and tool roadmap for the procurement organization. The position will drive continual system and process improvement by analyzing trends and product developments in the market, evaluating system capability offerings and enhancement opportunities, and identifying where operational efficiencies can be achieved. The successful holder of the position will have a deep understanding of the procurement function, the ability to collaborate with a diverse global team, and an understanding of the system selection process and system development lifecycle.
1. Development and reassessment of processes, tools and systems, and training resources that are essential to the procurement group.
2. Lead change management efforts to continuously improve processes and support user adoption of the systems/tools.
3. Administer and support existing procurement systems working with counterparts in the technology organization. This includes support of configurations, enhancements, reporting, and testing.
4. Prepare training material and deliver training so that users use the available tools efficiently and effectively.
5. Monitor industry for best practices, trends and product enhancements and proactively implement to improve routine procurement processes and systems.
6. Coordinate with a diverse group of business, technical, finance, and consultant teams to implement technical solutions.
7. Provide functional, technical and change management leadership for system implementations and system enhancements. Act as a system subject matter expert to ensure the appropriate functionality is implemented. Gather and refine functional business requirements, document non-functional requirements, and test functionality that is implemented to ensure all business needs are met.
8. Ad hoc projects as required.
* Bachelor’s degree in business administration, management information systems, supply chain management or related field.
* 8+ years of experience
* 5+ years of experience as a business analyst, preferably related to purchasing/procurement systems
* Knowledge of procurement processes and related reporting requirements
* Full-life cycle implementation experience including project management, technical and functional requirements, system design, implementation, data migration, testing, training, go-live support, and issue resolution.
* Proven ability to apply critical thinking and problem solving skills
* Strong computer skills including proficiency in MSoffice suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio)
* Strong communication skills with ability to interact with all levels in the company
* Excellent written, oral and presentation skills and an ability to synthesize complex and technical information in a clear, concise manner
* Experience with SAP, Ariba, Scout a plus
* Ability to function effectively in a matrixed organization
* Proactive and driven to identify, implement, and monitor continuous improvement opportunities.
* Must have the legal right to work in the United States
Knoxville, Tennessee, KX, TN