Discovery's Digital Studios group is a well-funded start-up within Discovery Inc. We are fast, nimble, and have fun developing new, innovative, and immersive digital products and content for iconic brands. We are working at the crossroads of technology, entertainment, and everyday utility. As content creators across the digital ecosystem, we continuously leverage our technology to create immersive viewing and interactive experiences. We tell engaging stories to millions of viewers across the Internet every day and bring new interactive experiences to life to not only entertain but improve the lives of our customers.
We are seeking an Email Marketing Specialist to join our team. In this position, you will be responsible for the production, distribution, and reporting of Discovery DTC (direct-to-consumer) and other lifestyle newsletters. A strong background in email campaign management, with a focus on the enhancement of our subscriber’s marketing life cycles, the promotion of sweepstakes entries through reminder messaging, fostering user interest, and website engagement.
The right candidate will have knowledge of HTML/CSS, web development, and web analytics software (Omniture/Adobe, Google Analytics, etc.). A working familiarity with commercial email service provider platforms (Campaign Monitor, MailChimp, SendGrid, Sailthru, etc.) is important, as well as a basic knowledge of photo editing. Fundamental understanding of consumer database concepts and SQL is a plus. This individual will have experience analyzing campaign reporting (especially email marketing campaign reporting). We are seeking a critical thinker with logical reasoning, problem-solving skills, and a desire to learn and grow their career in a high paced environment.
1. Partner with business, engineering, content, and marketing leads to deliver world-class email marketing campaigns for Discovery’s direct-to-consumer products.
2. Support a customer-centric vision for email marketing direct-to-consumer products that meets key customer needs and delivers compelling experiences
3. Lead email planning, development, and execution for direct-to-consumer app campaigns.
4. Drive improvements to the key input metrics including engagement, usage, loyalty, and retention
5. Create and execute highly targeted promotional, product-focused and loyalty emails, using responsive HTML templates
6. Utilize our ESP’s marketing platform to deploy/schedule email campaigns
7. Generate A/B testing campaigns (subject line, creative, layout, copy, etc.) to identify profitable marketing opportunities
8. Monitor and create automated and personalized campaigns to drive loyalty and engagement
* Possess a Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing or related field, with a background in E-Commerce and/or online marketing
* Have at minimum 1-2 years of digital/email marketing experience, with experience on an email marketing program
* Have at minimum 1 year of experience coding/sending emails, HTML, and responsive design templates
* Have experience with Adobe Dreamweaver and Photoshop
* Demonstrate an understanding of database marketing concepts and CRM technology
* Have experience working with data visualization platforms like Tableau
* Have experience working with dynamic email creative platforms like Live Clicker and Movable Ink
* Be able to work independently, while also functioning as part of a team
* Be able to manage multiple projects concurrently with strong attention to detail
* Possess excellent communication and relationship building skills
* Possess excellent typing, spelling, and grammar skills