Discovery’s People & Culture team provides leading edge solutions to support the growth, development and overall health and wellbeing of our organization. Lifeworks & Inclusion is a specialist group of People & Culture that serves as a catalyst to building and promoting the organization as a great place to work. This employment brand serves as a competitive advantage to attracting, retaining and engaging top talent by partnering closely with the business to anticipate and deliver programs, products and solutions in the areas of work-life, wellbeing, inclusion and more, to keep our talent engaged and our company competitive.
The Program Coordinator is a key contributor to creating a healthy, flexible work environment and a culture that supports balance, fosters inclusion and values different points of view.
1. Provide administrative management support for the team – from processing invoices and scheduling meetings to serving as a webmaster for program updates on internal online platforms.
2. Assist in the implementation of programs, services and interventions related to workplace wellness, workplace flexibility, and employee work/life initiatives that improve individual effectiveness and productivity.
3. Complete external awards applications to maintain Discovery’s reputation as a recognized employer of choice.
4. Participate in the design and launch of new diversity & inclusion initiatives.
5. Work with external vendors, helping to ensure legal compliance for assigned programs of responsibility.
6. Work closely with team leadership on reconciliation of program expenses to allocated budget.
7. Work under the direction of the LifeWorks & Inclusion Manager to plan, and coordinate communications, marketing and events of assigned programs for the US and Latin America.
8. Assist in the management and marketing of the company’s online tools (i.e. discount portal, health & wellbeing web application).
9. Assist with the coordination and day to day operations of Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) located across the US, in partnership with global team. (For example, support ERGs in community projects and on-site events such as cultural awareness and heritage celebrations, career panel discussions, industry organization events, etc.)
10. Plan and coordinate on-site events across US offices.
11. Support the team with Discovery’s Say Yes to the Prom initiative.
* Minimum of 2 years’ experience managing projects or planning events. Experience on a Human Resources team is a plus. Experience supporting large scale events is a plus.
* Proficiency with Adobe InDesign, Photoshop & Illustrator a plus.
* Ability to multi-task and prioritize in a fast-moving environment.
* Must be very organized, efficient and deadline focused.
* Must have the ability to develop and foster effective relationships across a global population.
* Real team player.
* Experience working across a diverse workforce.
* Strong verbal and written communication skills.
* Must have the legal right to work in the United States.
New York City, New York, NYC, NY