Discovery, Inc., the new global leader in real life entertainment with powerful brands such as Discovery Channel, TLC, Animal Planet, HGTV, Food Network, and Travel Channel, is searching for a Senior Financial Analyst, Financial Statements in Knoxville, TN to join our Accounting team.
Not familiar with Knoxville?
Many people know Knoxville as the heart of Vol Country, but it's also been named Top 100 Best Places to Live, Forbes’ Best Places for Careers, Forbes’ Most Affordable Cities, Huffington Post’s Top 10 Places to Relocate to in the US and more.
The Senior Financial Analyst, Consolidation will be a part of the team responsible for assisting with closing the books for the Company and generating the financial statements incompliance with US GAAP. They should be comfortable working directly with senior management of the company as well as the external auditors.
1. Assists with the preparation of the company’s financial statements including cash flow, guarantor, and joint venture reporting
2. Prepares fluctuation analyses for the consolidated company
3. Works with the Technical Accounting and Corporate Accounting teams to align and reflect non-standard accounting matters in the books and records of the company
4. Helps facilitate SEC reporting through process excellence and use of systems and automation
5. Assists with driving transformation and change in accounting processes and systems
6. Coordinates with accounting teams around the world
7. Makes decisions guided by established policies and procedures
8. Assists with audit requests as necessary from both internal and external auditors
9. Other duties and responsibilities as needed
* BS/BA in related discipline from an accredited university
* Minimum of 2 years of experience and a strong understanding of US Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (US GAAP), IFRS, and SOX requirements
* CPA required
* Must have the legal right to work in the United States
It's a plus if you have:
* Big 4 public accounting background
* Experience with the financial consolidation of an SEC registrant
* Experience with SAP and SAP BPC strongly preferred
* Experience working directly with external auditors to resolve complex accounting and reporting issues
* Experience with guarantor financial statement preparation
* Experience with the preparation of joint venture financial statements
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Attention to detail, accuracy and strong organizational skills
* Capacity to juggle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment
* Ability to meet deadlines under pressure
* Must be able to work collaboratively with cross-functional team members
Knoxville, Tennessee, KX, TN