Develops and executes network scheduling strategies for the Program Planning department.
1. Oversight of day-to-day operations of program schedule, including schedule maintenance in Broadview, break format creation, inventory maintenance and process management.
2. Collaborate in the strategic planning of the Food Network schedules.
3. Responsibilities include gathering, entering and disseminating scheduling materials.
4. Create monthly episodic calendars for assigned shows.
5. Monitor deal memos and title change notifications for information that impacts scheduling documents, flag them for Director and make changes to documents.
6. Analyze and report on competitive landscape for all of television as it relates to Network’s schedule. Stay informed on emerging platforms and content strategies.
7. Point person for tracking Ad Sales Marketing sponsorship requests for Food Network.
8. Act as Programming liaison for Food Network and Internal Departments – answering programming and scheduling questions as needed.
9. Act as Programming liaison for Food Network listings (both on network websites, as well as via listings agencies).
10. Track deliveries and revisions of deliverables.
11. Update and maintain various programming databases (Hive, Metadata Dashboard).
12. Work with Digital, Production, Broadcast Operations and Marketing teams on live efforts, including representing programming team at broadcast center during events.
13. Implements assigned duties independently with periodic guidance from management.
14. Assign tasks and guide the work of the team.
15. Mentors and trains junior members of the staff.
16. Perform other related duties as assigned.
* College degree preferred.
* 4-8 years of experience in area of responsibility.
* Analysis and troubleshooting skills as they relate to scheduling.
* Ability to handle multiple projects under tight deadlines.
* Strong organizational and time-management skills.
* Knowledge of video/media production and/or processing.
* Working knowledge of the cable industry and historical television landscape.
* Strong verbal and written communication skills.
* PC background; experience in Microsoft Excel, Word and Windows.
* Experience with entertainment scheduling systems a plus.
* Must have the legal right to work in the Unites States
New York City, New York, NYC, NY