Discovery, Inc., the new global leader in real life entertainment with powerful brands such as Discovery Channel, TLC, Animal Planet, HGTV, Food Network, and Travel Channel, is searching for a Senior Financial Analyst to join our Financial Planning & Analysis team.
The Senior Financial Analyst will report to the Manager, FP&A and also support the Director and VP with management of the FP&A function for the Global Corporate Depts. The successful candidate will be able to apply critical thinking skills and financial concepts to modeling, reporting, analysis, planning and strategy.
1. Support the monthly forecast, annual budget and Long-Range planning processes for Corporate Departments (annual budget of over $400M) and partner with business operations to achieve financial objectives.
2. Understand expense drivers, analyze trends and determine variance explanations for senior management reporting packages. Have a holistic view of business risks/opps and financial impact.
3. Act as a subject matter expert with respect to FP&A forecasting and reporting models and tools for the team.
4. Analyze and maintain Corporate Dept cost allocation methodologies to the divisions used in annual budget and monthly forecasts.
5. Facilitate communication between department heads / budget managers and the accounting / finance teams to ensure proper coding and accounting treatment of expenses.
6. Proactively identify best practices and facilitate their implementation.
7. Support budget owners with issue analysis and resolution (via critical thinking while adequately considering financial impacts).
8. Assist on the preparation of financial presentations for senior management.
9. Work on special projects as needed.
* A combination of education, training, skills and experience in areas related to finance and accounting.
* Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field.
* Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience or 3 years of relevant experience with CPA / MBA.
* Advanced excel modeling skills in manipulating and analyzing data (including Power Pivot, Power Query, macros, other advanced functions such as Index - Match).
* Ability to communicate and build relationships with all functional areas of the organization.
* Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously, work independently, and a strong attention to detail a must.
* Self-starter with willingness to take initiative and to follow through on projects.
* Proficiency in Microsoft Windows, Excel (including macros, pivot tables, other advanced functions), PPT and Word.
* Preferred experience with BPC, EPM, SAP.
* Experience with DAX, MDX, SQL a plus.
* Must have the legal right to work in the United States.
Silver Spring, Maryland, MD