Discovery Interns are explorers; they dive headfirst into the world in front of them. They aren’t afraid to be uncomfortable and boldly embrace any obstacle or challenge as an opportunity to excel. They walk confidently into the uncharted territory and make the most of their experiences. They ask the questions that go beyond the surface.
Seek adventure, find your passion, forge your path with an Internship at Discovery.
Through Discovery’s Internship Program, you’ll have the unique opportunity to immerse yourself in the entertainment and media industry and learn from the leader in global entertainment.
Here’s what we offer:
Here’s what you’ll take away:
What you need to know:
Interviewing will take place from September through December. A Discovery Intern team member will contact you if your experiences and interests match an open internship position. Due to the high volume of applications, we are unable to give individual status updates.
The Food Network Convergence and Social teams work at the unique, exciting intersection of digital and on-air programming. We focus on promoting awareness of and driving tune-in to all linear programming premieres through original digital-first content that serves both super-fans and untapped audiences across Food Network’s digital and social platforms, which includes 29 million Facebook followers and 9 million Instagram followers. Our teams work closely with Food Network’s video, PR and programming teams on a daily basis to make engaging, buzzy and on-brand flat and video content on tight timelines and strict deadlines. We work hard to promote Food Network’s culinary brand, talent and programming in new ways that inspire and engage.
As a Food Network Convergent & Social Intern, your adventure could lead you to work on projects and tasks such as:
• Create photo galleries, blog posts, show pages, articles and memes to support shows, schedule and draft social media content for Food Network brand pages
• Source user-generated videos for Instagram video regrams, with a keen eye on quality and shareability
• Maintain the organization of incoming and outgoing video footage for the team, and monitor social media conversations on managed platforms
• Create bylines on FoodNetwork.com and publish original videos across Food Network's digital platforms
* Must be currently enrolled as a student (proof of enrollment will be required if selected for an internship)
* Must be a current Junior, Senior, or Graduate student
* Must have at least a 3.0 GPA
* Must have the legal right to work in the United States
* Experience with Adobe Photoshop required
* Video editing experience (Adobe Premiere) is a plus
Please note this position is located in NEW YORK CITY. If selected for an opportunity, interns are responsible for securing their own housing.