Discovery Interns are explorers; they dive headfirst into the world in front of them. They aren’t afraid to be uncomfortable and boldly embrace any obstacle or challenge as an opportunity to excel. They walk confidently into the uncharted territory and make the most of their experiences. They ask the questions that go beyond the surface.
Seek adventure, find your passion, forge your path with an Internship at Discovery.
Through Discovery’s Internship Program, you’ll have the unique opportunity to immerse yourself in the entertainment and media industry and learn from the leader in global entertainment.
Here’s what we offer:
Here’s what you’ll take away:
What you need to know:
Interviewing will take place from September through December. A Discovery Intern team member will contact you if your experiences and interests match an open internship position. Due to the high volume of applications, we are unable to give individual status updates.
Our digital and social media teams throughout Discovery are responsible for creating original content for network websites as well as create social media content for our brands. These teams help drive tune-in to our networks and traffic to our websites while serving as liaisons to our communities of superfans.
We have a number of internship opportunities across networks such as Animal Planet, HGTV, Food Network, Discovery Channel, Science Channel, Travel Channel and more.
As an Editorial & Social Media Intern, your adventure could lead you to work on projects and tasks such as:
• Workflow organization for social team
• Offer creative input on content and strategies for managing social platforms and conversations
• Research new industry trends
• Market shows, talents and events on social media
• Pick stock photos for articles, research story ideas for our daily news videos, help track down photos for these videos, and even write our daily news scripts
• Assist editors with building articles, photo galleries, and videos for our online properties
• Assist in implementing keyword research and SEO data in the creation of new content
* Must be currently enrolled as a student (proof of enrollment will be required if selected for an internship)
* Must be a current Junior, Senior, or Graduate student
* Must have at least a 3.0 GPA
* Must have the legal right to work in the United States
Please note this position is located in NEW YORK CITY. If selected for an opportunity, interns are responsible for securing their own housing.