Discovery Interns are explorers; they dive headfirst into the world in front of them. They aren’t afraid to be uncomfortable and boldly embrace any obstacle or challenge as an opportunity to excel. They walk confidently into the uncharted territory and make the most of their experiences. They ask the questions that go beyond the surface.
Seek adventure, find your passion, forge your path with an Internship at Discovery.
Through Discovery’s Internship Program, you’ll have the unique opportunity to immerse yourself in the entertainment and media industry and learn from the leader in global entertainment.
Here’s what we offer:
Here’s what you’ll take away:
What you need to know:
Interviewing will take place from September through December. A Discovery Intern team member will contact you if your experiences and interests match an open internship position. Due to the high volume of applications, we are unable to give individual status updates.
Discovery's Digital group is a well-funded start-up within Discovery, Inc. We are fast, nimble and have fun developing new, innovative and immersive digital products for thirteen iconic brands, including Discovery Channel, TLC, Investigation Discovery and Animal Planet. Our team is responsible for tracking performance and identifying opportunities to support ongoing initiatives within these brands.
As a Digital Research & Inisghts Intern, your adventure could lead you to work on projects and tasks such as:
• Work day in and day out with digital team to unearth insights to promote data-driven decisions
• Performance analysis on such projects as new device launches and marketing initiatives for web, mobile app, and connected device platforms
• Communicate user insights in product meetings, strategy sessions, email, and presentations
Tracking awareness of and satisfaction with Discovery sites and apps
• Usability testing of Discovery sites and apps
• Concept testing of potential new Discovery digital products
• Analysis of competitive products in the marketplace
• Capture and analyze information through surveys, focus groups, interviews, competitive analysis and other custom research techniques
* Must be currently enrolled as a student (proof of enrollment will be required if selected for an internship)
* Must be a current Junior, Senior, or Graduate student
* Must have at least a 3.0 GPA
* Must have the legal right to work in the United States
* Google Analytics, Adobe Analytics (Omniture), Analytical Skills, Critical Thinking Skills. comScore, Tableau, SQL, Python are a plus
Please note this position is located in NEW YORK CITY. If selected for an opportunity, interns are responsible for securing their own housing.
new york, nyc