Discovery, Inc., the new global leader in real life entertainment with powerful brands such as Discovery Channel, TLC, Animal Planet, HGTV, Food Network, and Travel Channel, is searching for a Director of Digital Distribution in New York City.
1. Negotiate new distribution and partnership deals for Discovery (DCI) content across varied business models, and renew agreements with the objective of year on year revenue growth.
2. Supporting distribution and digital team leaders on strategies and initiatives for [Factual], FN+, MotorTrend OD, and content channel experiences like True Crimes. This may include content acquisition activity.
3. Collaborate with internal groups in developing distribution strategy, facilitating user growth & acquisition, and realizing related revenue and/or partnership growth goals.
4. Develop and maintain relationships with potential distribution partners in order to identify additional revenue and growth sources for DCI’s direct to consumer products.
5. Assist team members on other content distribution related matters including vMVPD and app distribution, as appropriate.
6. Serve as main business contact for select clients in order to maintain a productive partnership, troubleshoot problems and maximize revenue opportunities.
7. Creating and maintaining term sheets, sales documents and other strategic planning documents.
8. Maintain understanding of competitive marketplace including positioning of other programmers, business models, offerings and new initiatives.
* Excellent understanding of digital TV platforms and subscription-driven business models.
* Demonstrated ability to understand and execute the process required to close deals, including under tight time constraints.
* Ability to understand and execute YOY partnership growth—e.g., revenue, reach and similar KPIs—including in collaboration with content teams.
* Candidate should have current relationships with key digital distribution clients and experience in video distribution or acquisition.
* Must be a strategic thinker and a strong negotiator with a proven track record.
* Must have impeccable communication skills and be a team player.
* This person must have the savvy, drive, energy and commitment to think creatively in order to drive new revenue for DCI.
* Willing to travel for business purposes 20% of the time.
* MBA preferred; history in management consulting or investment banking a plus
* Minimum 5-6 years related industry experience
* Must have the legal right to work in the United States.
New York City, New York, NYC, NY