Discovery, Inc., the new global leader in real life entertainment with powerful brands such as Discovery Channel, TLC, Animal Planet, HGTV, Food Network, and Travel Channel, is searching for a Senior Accountant in Miami, FL to join our Global Business Services (“GBS”) team.
Provides support to the Discovery Latin America accounting department, prepares and reviews journal entries, maintains accounting and financial records and reports, including general ledger, financial statements, regulatory and management reports. The ideal candidate will be well-versed in accounting principles and able to work comfortably with numbers with high attention to detail.
1. Prepare Ad Sales revenue recognition for assigned regions and reconcile as needed
2. Prepare ADU entries, record unbilled and deferred revenue, commissions deferred compensation, and bad debt allowance analyses/calculations for assigned regions.
3. Prepare various monthly balance sheet reconciliations and research any outdated balances and discrepancies.
4. Prepare Intercompany account reconciliation, investigate outdated balances and discrepancies.
5. Prepare reconciliations for assigned regions and work with regions to clear any outdated balances and any variances.
6. Assist in preparation and reconciliation of Revenue with Ad agencies and calculation of any related incentives.
7. Assist with the continuous review and improvement of revenue systems and business processes related to SAP and associated revenue systems.
8. Prepare management reports including applicable revenue-related metrics and KPI’s.
9. Develop a close working partnership with the Finance, Regional International Controllers and Operational teams. Proactively learn the business and upstream processes to ensure proper Accounting
10. Assist with the maintenance and updating of internal controls for the contract to cash cycle and the related internal control compliance process.
11. Assist internal and external audit in their audit evaluation processes as requested.
12. Ad hoc research, analysis, and reconciliations as they become necessary.
* BS/BA in Accounting or Finance and at least 3-6 years of accounting experience with at least 2 years of Revenue Accounting experience.
* Experience with large ERP system (SAP preferred), strong in Excel and PC skills
* Applies fundamental functional/technical and business knowledge typically gained through formal education to deliver assigned work
* Results oriented, strong attention to detail a must
* Seeks guidance on new or unfamiliar tasks
* Keeps others informed of workload, timeline, and resources needed to accomplish tasks
* Ability to work under conditions of pressure and adjust to urgent situations
* Ability to work independently as well as working collaboratively with team members across the organization and prioritize multiple deliverables with competing deadlines
* Attention to detail and accuracy as well as strong organizational skills
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Ability to foster positive working relationships across the organization
* Proficiency in SAP a plus
* CPA preferred
* US GAAP Revenue recognition experience a plus
* International Accounting experience a plus
* Must have the legal right to work in the United States
Miami, Florida, MIA, FL