The Event Marketing Coordinator role is to support the Marketing Manager of Events and Marketing Events Department in managing process documents, budget managing and event planning duties that help the development and execution of various event marketing elements. This role will support the VP, Events, Creative Services and Strategy Operations, Manager Trade Marketing & Events and Director, Trade Marketing & Events on small and large high profile client events, meetings and conferences both internal and external facing. The role is on Discovery’s US Networks which include: HGTV, ID, Animal Planet, DIY Network, Food Network, TLC, OWN, Cooking Channel, Discovery Channel, Travel Channel, Science & Motor Trend Network.
1. Maintain budget tracker documents, invoice processes, budget meetings as they relate to Event needs
2. Assist Manager in key Ad Sales events as needed
3. Keep track of contracts pertaining to event related vendors, venues and key contacts with legal team and stay organized on deadlines
4. Maintain open communication with Event Marketing team at all times
5. Provide support to the Manager and Director including meeting notes, presentation development, budget tracking and reconciliation, event proposals etc.
6. Organize a database of vendor relationships
7. Lead volunteers on day of event as well as welcome all clients/attendees
8. Be present on day of event with problem solving skills for anything not working
9. Assist in scouting locations, ordering food, providing volunteer help and post-event breakdown
10. Sustain in-depth knowledge of event and media/marketing industry trends in order to help create unique event offerings that differentiate Discovery from competitive Networks
11. Perform other related duties and tasks as assigned or as it becomes evident
* At least 1 -2 years of relevant marketing experience (such as advertising agency, media sales/marketing, event marketing, client-side marketing).
* Four-year college degree or equivalent combination of skills, training and experience. Degree in marketing/communications preferred.
* Detail oriented and comfort working with numbers (i.e. marketing budgets)
* Ability to complete projects accurately and in a timely manner
* A clear understanding of the importance of client service and professionalism
* Strong communication skills, both written and oral
* Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
* Must be solutions oriented and pro-active
* Willing to travel as needed
* Must have legal right to work in the US
New York City, New York, NYC, NY