This is an exciting opportunity to join the brand research team that supports Investigation Discovery. The Research Analyst is responsible for leveraging a variety of research resources to provide data driven intelligence and consumer insights in support of content strategy and marketing initiatives.
Audience behavior, programming trends and industry intelligence are key areas of focus in support of ID’s Development, Programming, Production, Marketing, Communications and Digital teams.
Day to day responsibilities focus on utilizing multiple data systems and translating both quantitative and qualitative intel into digestible insights via Excel and PowerPoint. As a result, a high level of comfort with numbers and varied computer systems is necessary.
1. Interface with teams within Investigation Discovery to answer brand-impacting questions with speed, insight and accuracy
2. Build/Maintain databases that efficiently track and organize relevant internal and external stats including linear ratings, digital viewership, competitive positioning/analysis, industry trends and other relevant KPIs
3. Communicate data and insights in meetings, strategy sessions, emails and presentations
4. Transform research findings into actionable insights and informative stories in a polished format via email, PowerPoint, and other tools
5. Respond to ad-hoc requests regarding network, competitors and series linear performances
6. Update and maintain monthly and quarterly reports and all relevant research archives
* Knowledge of/willingness to learn Nielsen data and reporting systems such as Nielsen NPower, Star Media, Lake 5 Media, MRI, Simmons, comScore, Adobe Analytics, and E-Poll
* Proficiency in Microsoft Office tools (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook)
* Ability to synthesize information and research data to "tell a story" with action-oriented implications.
* Relevant business experience at a media company, ad agency, market research firm or equivalent is preferred
* Bachelor’s degree in a related field
* Interest in TV, media, and/or entertainment industries
* Strong attention to detail and accuracy
* Excellent organizational skills
* Analytical thinker
* Eager to learn from and partner with colleagues on diverse projects
* Ability to work independently to fulfill requests from within and outside research department
* Must have the legal right to work in the United States
Silver Spring, Maryland, MD