Discovery, Inc, is looking for a seasoned Senior Commerce Editor to sit with the Commerce team and help evolve our shopping content strategy and increase performance across our growing portfolio.
You will be responsible for editing and writing commerce content and working with both the Edit and Audience Development teams to ensure we’re not only creating the best shopping content for our audiences but reaching them wherever they are inspired.
This is a high visibility role so you will be seen as the go-to source for all things shopping content related. Understanding the shopping landscape and knowing how to curate and discuss products to help enable our audiences to make better purchasing decisions will be key.
1. Work with editors across Discovery brands to provide best practices and insights for shopping content output, quality, and sales coverage to increase shopping behavior across our brands
2. Conceptualize and build out new shopping content archetypes and franchises
3. Collaborate with Audience Development to understand what types of content
4. work per platform (SEO, Facebook, Newsletters, etc.)
5. Help other parts of the business build out shopping strategies that will drive sales through content
6. Take the Commerce team’s insights and turn them into storytelling actions
7. Get ahead of industry and product trends, merchant launches, and be willing to attend related events
* Degree in Marketing, English, Journalism or a related field
* Background working for a digital lifestyle brand with a focus on shopping content
* Previous management experience and strong writing, editing and communication skills
* Understanding of the digital landscape and what it takes to convert page views into product sales
* Strong storytelling skills and the ability to interpret data
* Relevant merchant contacts a plus
* Must have the legal right to work in the United States
New York City, New York, nYC, NY