Discovery Inc., the new global leader in real life entertainment with powerful brands such as Discovery Channel, TLC, Animal Planet, HGTV, Food Network, and Travel Channel, is searching for a Marketing & Communications Assistant in our Los Angeles office to support communications activities for Discovery Channel. The assistant reports to the Group Executive Vice President of Public Relations to provide support on a daily basis, and assist the department on various projects.
1. Provide administrative and project support to EVP in a timely and efficient manner. This includes assisting with scheduling meetings, printing, filing, copies, shipping, subscriptions, updating contact lists, travel and expense reports.
2. Maintain and update Discovery Channel communications department mailing lists and Discovery Channel press website on a daily basis.
3. Code/process invoices, check requests and purchase orders in timely manner.
4. Track press coverage and prepare press research reports and campaign analyses as assigned.
5. Compile Daily Brief as assigned.
6. Write and edit press materials and documents, including A to Z document, episode descriptions, ratings blasts and various documents.
7. Provide events support (as needed).
8. Order dubs, video and photos for EVP and team as assigned.
9. Schedule talent travel arrangements for publicity tours (at direction of VP).
10. Conduct research as requested by EVP – projects, topics, media contacts, addresses, etc.
11. Perform other duties for EVP and department as assigned.
* 1 year of hands-on communications and/or media relations work experience with digital proficiency and/or appropriate number of internships in the field.
* Demonstrated ability to work under pressure, meet tight deadlines and work on multiple projects simultaneously.
* Superb written, verbal and interpersonal skills.
* Must be an independent, strategic thinker who is a strong team player (no job is too small or too large) and willing to take on additional responsibilities as necessary.
* Ability to cultivate and sustain strong relationships with members of the media and with coworkers.
* Proficiency in Windows, Cision, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
* Legal right to work in the United States.
Los Angeles, California, LA, CA