As an Internal Audit Manager at Discovery, you will manage domestic and international audits of the company’s global operations. You will also manage Sarbanes-Oxley compliance to support effective internal controls over financial reporting.
This individual must be an action-oriented professional who needs little or no supervision to conduct risk-based process audits. Responsibilities include: assessing risks across the company and mobilizing the engagement teams in evaluating controls over business processes. Candidates must be adaptable, persuasive and perceptive with exceptional communication skills, and must be able to promote an awareness of the department’s value adding capabilities to business unit management. The ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate a thorough understanding of Internal Auditing, including financial and general computer controls, internal controls over financial reporting, US GAAP and risk assessment best practices, and a history of applying those concepts.
1. Conducts and manages audits and reviews across all lines of businesses within the company in various locations domestically and internationally.
2. Performs and manages Sarbanes-Oxley procedures (including the assessment of financial and general computer controls), operational and compliance audits, data analysis and risk assessments.
3. Performs and manages Sarbanes-Oxley related tasks including financial and general computer related controls assessments.
4. Plans and conducts onsite audits and reviews of domestic and international offices and entities.
5. Manages and develops personnel.
6. Reviews team work products and performs quality assurance procedures to uphold the high-quality standards of the team.
7. Provides advice on internal control and participates in enhancing internal audit standards and practices.
8. Identifies control gaps and opportunities for improvement.
9. Develops and maintains strong working relationships with key business and financial decision makers throughout the year and is committed to continually improve audit satisfaction.
10. Other duties as assigned.
* Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Computer Science or Information Systems. Master’s degree is highly preferred.
* CPA designation and/or CIA designation is highly preferred.
* Seven or more years of progressive experience in finance/accounting and proven experience in internal audit. Experience at a large accounting firm (“Big 4”) is strongly preferred.
* Solid technical proficiency in financial accounting, internal compliance, and operational auditing.
* Strong working knowledge of GAAP and SOX requirements.
* Media/ entertainment industry background helpful.
* Proven leadership skills, with the ability to develop and motivate teams.
* Ability to effectively communicate with all levels of the company, including senior management.
* Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
* Absolute discretion and confidentiality regarding sensitive information
* Highest standards of ethical conduct and integrity
* Strong project management skills to prioritize workload, meet challenging deadlines and remain flexible to changing priorities.
* Strong work ethic with self-accountability for high quality deliverables and achieving departmental goals.
* Working knowledge common IT disciplines (applications, operations, infrastructure, and management) or IT General Controls
* Experience with SAP, and Data analytics / visualization is a plus (ACL Analytics, Tableau, PowerBI or other analytics and visualization tool experience or training)* Willingness and ability to travel globally up to 25%, including international locations requiring a passport* Must have the legal right to work in the United States travel requirement
* Foreign language skills are a plus
* Must have the legal right to work in the United States
Knoxville, Tennessee, KX, TN