The Data & Strategic Insights team enables a holistic 360 view of the consumer and content for the entire Discovery organization. The team leverages a central research model with shared data and analytics services that can be accessed by all consumer-facing business functions. This team creates a shared, cohesive language with standardized data, metrics, and reporting to enable a global research community.
This is an exciting opportunity to join the media research team that supports advertising sales efforts for Discovery Inc.’s leading brands, including Discovery Channel, Travel, Science and MotorTrend across all platforms including television, digital devices and social media.
The Ad Sales Research Analyst is responsible for learning and leveraging a variety of research resources to provide data driven intelligence in support of advertising sales and marketing initiatives.
With direction from their manager, they will provide research data and insights including audience profiles and trends, competitor, market and industry intelligence.
Day to day responsibilities will be focused on utilizing varied data systems and translating that information into digestible information in excel spreadsheets and PowerPoint slides, so a high level of comfort with numbers and different computer systems is necessary.
1. Partner with ad sales teams to produce actionable insights, compelling stories, and persuasive network positioning
2. Position networks within the ad sales marketplace
3. Use analytical and syndicated research systems to produce relevant sales and network reports, analyses and presentations
4. Assure that research reports are consistent, accurate, and timely
5. Update and maintain monthly and quarterly reports and all relevant research archives
6. Collaborate with ad sales research colleagues to exchange relevant information, and insights
* Familiarity with some media research tools and audience measurements/metrics. Examples of relevant systems include Nielsen, Star, MRI, Simmons, comScore, Google Analytics, Adobe Analytics, Tubular, Kantar, etc.
* Proficiency in Microsoft Office tools (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook)
* 1-2 years relevant business experience at a media company, ad agency, market research firm or equivalent
* Bachelor’s degree in a related field
* Interest in TV, media, advertising and/ or entertainment industries
* Strong attention to detail and accuracy
* Excellent organizational skills
* Analytical thinker
* Eager to learn from and partner with colleagues on diverse projects
* Ability to work independently to fulfill requests from within and outside research department
* Must have the legal right to work in the United States
New York City, New York, NYC, NY