GOLFTV is a new international destination for golf fans created by Discovery, a worldwide leader in real-life entertainment and international sports, in partnership with the PGA TOUR. The platform, which launched in January, includes a dedicated video streaming service, ensuring you can watch many of golf’s most exciting tournaments, players and moments live and on demand—anytime, anywhere on every screen and device.
The PGA TOUR’s 12-year partnership with Discovery seeks to create a global home for all things golf, with new content and features added on a regular basis to build GOLFTV into the ultimate golf experience. Additional live and on-demand content partners include the European Tour and the Ladies European Tour.
About The Role
Discovery is seeking a highly motivated social media manager with intimate knowledge of professional golf to create and execute daily social posting for GOLFTV’s global handles. The Social Media Manager will sit in GOLFTV’s NYC office and report to GOLFTV’s Director of Digital and Social Media in London, and implement engaging, creative and reactive golf content across all major social platforms. The ideal candidate is a big golf fan; has a solid background in the sports-media social space; can demonstrate impressive writing and creative skills; and is proficient with desktop editing and graphics tools. Experience with international audiences (or proficiency in a foreign language) is a plus.
1. Engage daily in the social conversations around professional and amateur golf, always in the GOLFTV voice
2. Leverage original site content for optimization across Facebook, Twitter and Instagram, and manage daily posting across GOLFTV’s social accounts
3. Execute reactive posting in response to live events
4. Create memes, GIFs, graphics and short-form video for GOLFTV’s handles
5. Interact with the various GOLFTV teams, including Editorial, Product and Marketing/Sales, to help build impactful social media plans that benefit all facets of the business
6. Pitch social-media story ideas to editorial teams and keep everyone apprised of breaking news and trending topics
* Two to three years of sports/media work
* A deep interest in sports, a passion for golf and fluent in the game’s unique language
* Well versed in social trends across global markets, both within sports and beyond
* Strong social skills. Ability to communicate thoughtfully, expertly, and engagingly across platforms, especially on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter
* Proven track record of developing insightful, interesting content
* Impeccable writing, grammar and editing skills, and a passion for storytelling
* Ability to think on your feet and respond to events quickly
* Great attention to detail
* The drive to see projects through from planning and concept development to execution and analysis
* A team player with strong project management skills
* Able to multitask in a fast-paced environment with changing priorities
* Able to work non-traditional hours environment and collaborate with remote teams
* Must have the legal right to work in the United States
New York City, New York, NYC, NY