As Discovery Inc’s portfolio continues to grow – around the world and across platforms – the Global Technology & Operations team is building media technology and IT systems that meet the world class standard for which Discovery is known. GT&O builds, implements and maintains the business systems and technology that are critical for delivering Discovery’s products, while articulating the long-term technology strategy that will enable Discovery’s growing pay-tv, digital terrestrial, free-to-air and online services to reach more audiences on more platforms.
From Amsterdam to Singapore and from satellite and broadcast operations to SAP, we are driving Discovery forward on the leading edge of technology.
Reporting to the Service & Engineering Improvement Manager this position is critical in leading Monitoring as part of the Technology Operations Group. The Service Reporting Analyst is a self-starter willing to take the initiative. To succeed in this role the post-holder needs to be creative clever, passionate and love building new solutions.
Highlights of the role
This team support our two global Technology Operations Centers. As a function these are the 24/7 Command & Control Hub for all our all Distribution and IT support services. The position is key to ensuring organizational improvements, consistently improving and maintaining our availability and uptime, establish effective automation and monitoring to deliver successes and areas of opportunity.
To partner with engineering and workforce technology teams to advocate sensible, scalable systems design as well as building the best tools to diagnose, resolve and prevent issues.
1. Prioritize reporting needs with key stakeholders. Provide transparency as to what is in the queue and timelines for delivery. This should include weekly reporting check-ins with appropriate stakeholders, to keep them apprised of the build-out of new reports, re-development of existing reports/processes that need to be streamlined, and any data issues/updates that impact their needs
2. Work with direct staff and other resources throughout the organization to determine the best technical approach to each individual report or data process. Convene necessary SMEs across the enterprise in order to define appropriate logic and processes to support their business needs
3. Implement a standardized QC process for all reports and data processes, to be used as a validation tool for new and existing reports. Develop transparent infrastructure for sharing these results
4. Document all logic and processes for reports and other data support. This should include process documentation, data-flow diagrams, deliverables schedule, etc
5. Gathers, organizes and analyses data in support of a variety of projects and operational processes, including conducting longitudinal analyses
6. Compile reports, charts and tables based on fundamental statistical methods
7. Draws practical conclusions from the data. Prepares written and/or oral presentations of results
8. Understands business service requests and translates them into clear and actionable reporting directives
9. Assist in the deployment, organization, and management of standard operating procedures
10. Perform other duties as needed
* Bachelor’s degree in IT Management, Software or Broadcast Engineering, or equivalent work experience
* Broad IT domain experience in three or more of the following IT areas: Application Development, Enterprise Architecture, Project Management, Vendor Management, Quality Assurance, Infrastructure, and Maintenance and Support
* Combined experience with SQL, Relational Databases & Reporting Solutions
* Experience in analysing and interpreting data using inferential statistics to develop new and innovative reporting models
* Experience with data from various tools (eq SolarWinds, New Relic, Cloudwatch, SQL, ServiceNow, Splunk, Etc) to feed into reporting structure
* Excellent verbal, written, interpersonal communication and customer service skills
* Strong organizational and conceptual skills combined with proven critical thinking, analytic, problem solving, and decision-making abilities
* Ability to multi task within related functions
* Strong presentation and communication skills, ability to interface with internal and external groups
* Able to demonstrate a high degree of flexibility, including flexibility in working hours to support employees and customers across multiple time zones.
* Experience of working for a Media Company/Broadcast is desirable but not essential
* Knowledge of local employment laws is beneficial.
* Must have the legal right to work in US
Sterling, Virginia, VA