The Senior Analyst, Corporate Research and Strategy is responsible for analyzing data and trends across media and developing key audience analysis across Discovery’s linear and non-linear platforms. The position will support the Sr. Director of Corporate Research as well as the brand and ad sales research teams to share insights and resources to help elevate the level of research excellence across the company.
1. Assist team in fielding ad hoc research requests from key executives, delivering clear, concise insights in a timely manner
2. Collaborate with network, sales, digital and DNI research to share insights, share resources and identify trends across teams.
3. Communicate data and insights in meetings, strategy sessions, emails, and presentations
4. Develop creative approaches to uncover consumer insights and marketplace trends to inform strategy company strategy.
5. Provide expertise on competitive trends and the changing television landscape.
* 2+ years of experience in media research, cable television preferred.
* Thorough knowledge of Nielsen data and systems; Lake5, Audience Watch, and/or Rentrak a plus
* Solid research, analytical, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills
* Ability to synthesize information and research data to "tell a story" with action-oriented implications
* Ability to work in a fast-paced high-pressure environment without sacrificing accuracy and attention to detail.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Strong interest in understanding consumer behavior
* Team player
* Must be able to present to executive leaders in various forums
* Must be able to work independently, yet take direction well when necessary
* Proficient with Excel and PowerPoint
* Minimum of a BS or BA degree required
* Must have the legal right to work in the United States
New York City, New York, NYC, NY