Discovery Interns are explorers, they dive headfirst into the world in front of them. They aren’t afraid to be uncomfortable and boldly embrace any obstacle or challenge as an opportunity to excel. They walk confidently into the uncharted territory and make the most of their experiences. They ask the questions that go beyond the surface.
Seek adventure, find your passion, forge your path with an internship at Discovery.
Through Discovery’s Internship Program, you’ll have the unique opportunity to immerse yourself in the entertainment and media industry and learn from the leader in global entertainment.
Here’s what we offer:
• Opportunity to immerse yourself and get your hands dirty with challenging work and projects
• Mentorship from Discovery’s best and brightest
• Intern Speaker Series featuring top executives and employees across the business
• Networking opportunities with great snacks
• A creative, collaborative and inclusive company culture with office spaces to match
Here’s what you’ll take away:
• Opportunity to develop professionally and uncover skills you didn’t know you had
• The insider scoop on the TV industry and what happens behind the scenes
• Relationships that will go beyond your collegiate career
• Real life experiences that will provide you with the confidence to delve into your next adventure
What you need to know:
• This summer, our 12 week semester will be held from May 29th-August 16th, 2019.
• Our internships are paid opportunities. Credit is not required; however, we will provide documentation if necessary.
• The application deadline is March 22nd. After this date, we cannot guarantee your application will be reviewed for the position.
• We do not require a cover letter. Please demonstrate your passion for the position through your resume.
Interviewing will take place from February through mid-April. A Discovery Intern team member will contact you if your experiences and interests match an open internship position. Due to the high volume of applications, we are unable to give individual status updates.
Both our Network Communications teams and our Corporate Communications teams work to brand Discovery and its networks as a world class company and programmer. Discovery’s publicity teams ensure that our programs get the best coverage in the media and entice people to tune in through creative means. We have publicity internships with a number of our networks like: Food Network, Cooking Channel, Animal Planet, TLC, Investigation Discovery and Travel Channel.
As a Communications or Public Relations Intern, some of the awesome things you could work on include:
• Drafting press releases
• Creation of media lists
• Media monitoring
• Crafting and editing press clips
• Local news outlet outreach
• Distribution of media materials
• Research for new media initiatives
• Opportunity to learn publicity systems
• Management of special events
* Must be currently enrolled as a full time student (proof of enrollment will be required if selected for an internship)
* Must be a rising Junior, Senior, or Graduate student
* Must have at least a 3.0 GPA
* Must have the legal right to work in the United States.
Please note this position is located in Los Angeles, California. If selected for an opportunity, interns are responsible for securing their own housing.
los angeles, california, ca