Discovery, Inc., the new global leader in real life entertainment with powerful brands such as Discovery Channel, TLC, Animal Planet, HGTV, Food Network, and Travel Channel, is searching for a Senior Content Accountant in Knoxville, TN to join our Accounting team.
Not familiar with Knoxville?
Many people know Knoxville as the heart of Vol Country, but it's also been named Top 100 Best Places to Live, Forbes’ Best Places for Careers, Forbes’ Most Affordable Cities, Huffington Post’s Top 10 Places to Relocate to in the US and more.
The Senior Accountant will perform complex accounting reviews, processes and reporting for content cost for US Networks.
1. Review and analyze documents and contracts for more complex US networks.
2. Maintain cost information and payment schedules in accounting system.
3. Serve as a business partner with business affairs, finance and production management and transfer pricing to resolve contract questions and issues.
4. Ensure adherence to and timely completion of internal control activities to ensure accuracy of financial information.
5. Prepare monthly asset adjustments, retirements and account reconciliations.
6. Perform peer reviews and verifications of data input to ensure accuracy.
7. Serve on project team to test and reconcile data for systems conversions.
8. Assist on other projects and analyses as assigned.
* Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting from an accredited institution and 5 years of experience in related field.
* Must have the legal right to work in the United States.
It’s a plus if you have:
* Experience with SAP/Project Systems
* CPA is preferred
* Cable network accounting experience
* Experience reviewing contractual documentation
* Knowledge of economic and accounting principles and practices and the analysis and reporting of financial data.
* Knowledge of laws, legal codes, and regulations related to accounting and generally accepted accounting procedures
* Critical thinking and logical reasoning skills
* Organization and time management skills
* Attention to detail and a high degree of accuracy
* Strong organizational skills with ability to act independently and responsibly
* Capacity to juggle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Must be able to work collaboratively with team members
* Ability to work independently as well as in cross-functional groups
* Proficient working with Microsoft Excel, Word and Powerpoint, MS Outlook.
Knoxville, Tennessee, KX, TN