Discovery, Inc., the new global leader in real life entertainment with powerful brands such as Discovery Channel, TLC, Animal Planet, HGTV, Food Network, and Travel Channel, is searching for a Content Accountant in Knoxville, TN to join our Accounting team.
Not familiar with Knoxville?
Many people know Knoxville as the heart of Vol Country, but it's also been named Top 100 Best Places to Live, Forbes’ Best Places for Careers, Forbes’ Most Affordable Cities, Huffington Post’s Top 10 Places to Relocate to in the US and more.
The Content Accountant will perform tasks related to tracking and allocation of in-house production and digital cost and will support the international and/or domestic content accounting teams with tracking of program cost for linear networks.
1. Monitor incoming project requests from in-house production operations team, assign project numbers and provide support with routine questions and cost report requests.
2. Prepare monthly journal entries to allocate in-house production cost to proper accounts, ensure proper accounting treatment is applied and ensure projects are billed and closed in a timely manner.
3. Review project cost monthly for cost to be billed to external clients. Research billing details and prepare invoice requests for processing by accounts receivable team.
4. Support senior content accountants with contract review, database maintenance and journal entries during peak periods.
5. Prepare routine account reconciliations and assist with preparation of monthly consolidation schedules for smaller networks and business units with lower volume of activity.
6. Ensure adherence to and timely completion of internal control activities to ensure accuracy of financial information.
7. Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
* Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting from an accredited institution and 3 years of experience in related field.
* Must have the legal right to work in the United States
It’s a plus if you have:
* Exposure to accounting in a global corporate environment
* Experience with SAP
* CPA preferred
* Cable network accounting experience
* Experience reviewing contractual documentation
* Knowledge of economic and accounting principles and practices and the analysis and reporting of financial data.
* Knowledge of laws, legal codes, and regulations related to accounting and generally accepted accounting procedures
* Critical thinking and logical reasoning skills
* Organization and time management skills
* Attention to detail and a high degree of accuracy
* Strong organizational skills with ability to act independently and responsibly
* Capacity to juggle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Must be able to work collaboratively with team members
* Ability to work independently as well as in cross-functional groups
* Proficient working with Microsoft Excel, Word and Powerpoint, MS Outlook.
Knoxville, Tennessee, KX, TN