The Corporate Finance team is the nexus where Discovery Inc’s financial storyline, influential analyses and financial decision-making come together. The team is responsible for both the consolidation and reporting of the company’s current year forecasted financials as well as the long term financial projections. By managing and coordinating Budgeting, Forecasting, Strategic Planning, Management Reporting, Financial Analysis, Capital Planning and Cash Flow forecasting across the company, Corporate Finance drives improved decision-making for finance leadership and DCI senior management with the goal of maximizing shareholder value. The team focuses on highlighting and synthesizing information, key performance indicators and operating metrics so that senior management can have a better understanding of the economics of the business and improve the quality and speed of decision-making. The Corporate Finance group strives to continuously improve global FP&A activities and grow talent across finance and operations.
The Senior Manager, Corporate Finance will play a key role in adding value to DCI. Reporting to the VP, Corporate Finance, this person will be responsible for managing the long range strategic and financial plan, cash flow forecasting, competitive and industry benchmarking, business case evaluation, and analyzing key finance KPIs. The position will work closely with business divisions, corporate functions and other groups to develop a robust long range planning process that drives and improves business planning, capital allocation, decision making and cost management. The focus of this role is to deliver insightful, value-added financial acumen across the company and maximize shareholder value.
1. Work with other financial teams to design and consolidate the annual long-term strategic plan. Help identify and research key assumptions, critical issues, themes and market trends that inform the plans and articulate them into a cohesive message for executive level presentation.
2. Assist and support the Company’s new reporting tool.
3. Support the business and senior management with financial, economic and strategic projects, including but not limited to: scenario-driven financials, coordination of bonus accrual and forecasting, M&A and business portfolio analyses, performance of Discovery content, competitor and industry benchmarking, and key advanced metrics (return on invested capital, IRR, etc.).
4. Drive and build executive presentations and meeting materials for CFO to CEO, Board of Directors and external audiences, including leading on ad hoc operational and company analysis as needed.
5. Apply financial and communication skills to report, reveal and recommend findings to help executives make value-creating decisions across the enterprise.
6. Be an active member of a team that’s a thought leader at the company for business concepts and industry trends, as well as being adept at marrying financial performance with Discovery’s messaging to customers, internal leads and external stakeholders
7. Assume a lead role in the evaluation of quick turnaround inquiries
8. Develop and maintain strong relationships with senior management and across key teams globally to encourage the flow of information, sharing of knowledge and continuous improvement of the team.
9. Support annual Budget and Operational Review with information gathering, analysis and performance reporting and editorial story-line.
* Bachelor’s Degree required. MBA preferred.
* A minimum of seven to ten (7-10) years of experience in an FP&A or analytical/fact finding role (media company experience preferred), management consulting or investment banking
* Demonstrated ability to assess long-term strategies for growth through organic and acquisition growth.
* Highly developed written and verbal communications and presentation skills. Ability to communicate effectively with senior management, staff and external parties.
* Sophisticated analytical and financial skills are critical.
* Strong PC fluency, particularly Excel and PowerPoint, are essential.
* Superior problem solving and project management skills, with the ability to proactively manage a variety of projects and timelines.
* Experience with Oracle, SAP (EPM), or Hyperion strongly preferred
* Ability to work in, build and lead teams is critical.
* Must have legal right to work in the US.
New York City, New York, NYC, NY