The Media Strategy & Analytics team acts as an internal media agency that handles the strategy, execution, and reporting of all paid & owned media vehicles with the goal of driving multiplatform consumption of Discovery Inc’s networks and digital products.
This role will specifically be supporting the international paid acquisition efforts for GOLFTV. The Media Manager will work in partnership with the Investment/Buying portion of Media Strategy & Analytics Team and with key stakeholders on the GOLFTV Team.
About Discovery Golf
GOLFTV is a new international destination for golf fans created by Discovery, the global leader in real-life entertainment and home of the Olympics in Europe, in partnership with the PGA TOUR. The first-of-its-kind digital platform, which launches in January 2019, will include a dedicated video streaming service, ensuring you can watch many of golf’s most exciting tournaments, players and moments anytime, anywhere on every screen and device. The new venture from Discovery will seek to create a worldwide home for all things golf, with new content and features added on a regular basis to build GOLFTV into the ultimate golf experience.
1. Oversee the development, execution, and analysis of international paid acquisition campaigns that will primarily run across SEM, paid social, and programmatic.
2. Maintain a holistic paid strategy, while also accounting for the nuances of the different regions in which the paid campaigns will be running.
3. Identify and test new customer acquisition opportunities to improve performance and reduce cost per acquisition (CPA) to efficiently grow the global subscriber base of GOLFTV.
4. Collaborate with cross-functional GOLFTV teams to ensure paid acquisition efforts align and are lockstep with the larger GOLFTV promotional strategy.
5. Collaborate with internal and external teams to build LTV models and campaign reports to track spending, performance, and ROI/ROAS.
6. Report and present strategic insights that can be leveraged across the team such as best performing messaging and audiences. This includes the constant collaboration of structured A/B tests with paid media campaigns.
7. Work closely with the internal Investment/Buying team to ensure campaigns are executed flawlessly and are optimized towards the campaign goal. This includes creative asset delivery/trafficking and the implementation of the necessary campaign tracking and tagging.
8. Responsible for staying up-to-date on emerging trends and technologies – particularly across paid performance marketing vehicles.
* 5+ years of performance marketing and paid user acquisition experience across a range of digital channels; media agency experience strongly preferred.
* Must have experience with international media strategy/buying and campaign management.
* Solid foundational understanding of media concepts, terminology, and bid-based buying models.
* Experience working with conversion tracking and mobile marketing attribution partners (such as Kochava) and also digital reporting tools (such as Google Analytics, Adobe) is required.
* Experience and understanding of paid social, programmatic, and SEM buying platforms (demand side platforms, Google Ads/AdWords, Facebook Business Manager, etc.) is required.
* Understanding of paid digital streaming and subscription ecosystem is a plus.
* Experience and interest in sports, specifically golf, is a plus.
* Self-starter, highly motivated, positive demeanour, excellent communicator, and able to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
* Reasonable availability to respond to requests and monitor/optimize campaigns outside normal business hours as needed.
* Polished professional with excellent interpersonal communication skills.
* Strong analytics skills are a must.
* College degree required.
* Must have the legal right to work in the United States.
New York City, New York, NYC, NY