The Corporate Relations coordinator will provide ongoing support for the Corporate Relations team, concentrating on Discovery’s global branded merchandise program. Collaborate with internal and external global partners including Ad Sales, Corporate Communications, Human Resources, On-Air Talent and Discovery’s portfolio of Networks (Discovery Channel, TLC, Food Network, HGTV, Eurosport, Animal Planet, Cooking Channel) to create branded products to be used for client meetings, marketing tools and gifting. Product offerings consist of apparel, tech gadgets, food and home products, desktop accessories as well as fully customized gift sets. Coordinator will assist in managing the annual client influencer mailers and provide ongoing support for Corporate Relations special projects.
1. Creative development, production and distribution of branded merchandise
2. Generate customized branded merchandise presentations via PowerPoint to present to internal clients
3. Handle all requests from ideation through delivery of final product, including verifying pricing, branding oversight, following up with vendors and clients, and tracking orders through delivery
4. Assist Manager of Corp Relations with annual client influencer mailers; help brainstorm creative ideas, oversee production, fulfilment and delivery process (ex. Shark Week Mailer, Client & Talent Holiday Gifts, Olympics, ProjectCAT, Ad Sales events).
5. Ongoing research to find new and innovative products to have the pulse on current trends and elevate our product offerings
6. Manage storage and inventory of premiums in the office
7. Maintain project status report to ensure client requests/products are delivered in a timely manner
8. Process invoices on behalf of our internal clients; ensure vendors are set up in Discovery finance system.
9. Ensure all shipments comply with international shipping regulations to guarantee they are delivered in a timely manner and meet the terms of international gifting etiquette
10. Work with Manager of Corporate Relations to create branded merchandise for special events (Impact Day/Global Volunteer Day, Holiday Press Party).
11. Support Corporate Relations team on special projects (ex. Roland Garros Client Hospitality Program and executive offsites)
12. Support various internal events in the New York Office including Employee Town Halls, Puppy Bowl, in-office holiday celebrations, and various other internal events.
13. Admin duties as assigned by VP of Corporate Relations
* Bachelor’s degree in communications, marketing, management/business, fashion preferred but not required
* 1-2 years of project management experience preferred
* Excellent communication and presentation skills, both verbal and written
* Must have high attention to detail, experience and proven ability to juggle multiple priorities
* Strong computer skills, including proficiency in database applications (Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook) are needed. Familiarity with Photoshop/Adobe is a plus, but not required.
* Demonstrated organizational and time management skills
* Demonstrated interpersonal skills including ability to work effectively with internal and external clients and vendors
* Self-motivated and able to work independently and collaboratively
* Must have the legal right to work in the United States
New York City, New York, NYC, NY