About Discovery Golf
GOLFTV is a new international destination for golf fans created by Discovery, the global leader in real-life entertainment and home of the Olympics in Europe, in partnership with the PGA TOUR. The first-of-its-kind digital platform, which launches in January 2019, will include a dedicated video streaming service, ensuring you can watch many of golf’s most exciting tournaments, players and moments anytime, anywhere on every screen and device. The new venture from Discovery will seek to create a worldwide home for all things golf, with new content and features added on a regular basis to build GOLFTV into the ultimate golf experience.
The Marketing Manager will report to the VP of Marketing and is responsible for supporting the development and execution of marketing campaigns for our consumer and commercial divisions within GOLFTV. This individual will support our subscriber acquisition and retention efforts to bring customers/users to Discovery Golf’s digital platforms, manage the creation and fulfillment of strategic programs for our external partners, and assist with corporate/consumer events and promotions.
Marketing Support and Development
1. Work in partnership with supervisor to develop larger marketing plans for each region and/or branding initiative
2. Drive the development and execution of consumer focused creative campaigns for GOLFTV
a. Marketing and/or branding management includes drafting creative briefs for larger marketing components, opening jobs with external creative agency, laying out creative schedules, reviewing creative and providing input, trafficking each piece of creative and managing creative budgets
3. When appropriate, manage media options, working with the internal media buying group to gather media options, budgets and lay out proposed media plans
4. Work with external agencies to help execute all marketing and/or branding elements
Integrated Ad Sales Marketing
1. Create compelling, persuasive presentations and decks to pitch new ideas, plans and partnerships to potential advertising sales clients
2. Collaborate with the commercial group to develop marketing ideas for incoming client RFPs
3. Manage various aspects of the Sponsorship Overview and Tracking grid that lists all sold and pending sponsors elements
4. Manage digital platform sponsorship executions
5. Handle client-based projects as necessary (such as assisting with client integration on-set at program shoots)
6. Act as a key contact for the Integrated Ad Sales Marketing team, partnering with teams across the company including Ad Sales, Programming, traffic, Business Affairs, and Social in order to develop and execute custom marketing solutions
7. Manage collection of sponsor assets and approval processes to fully implement added value
* A minimum of 5+ years of working in digital marketing and/or relevant integrated marketing experience (such as advertising agency, media sales/marketing, event marketing , client side marketing)
* Ability to think creatively and innovatively
* Deep understanding of, and strong success in, a business focused on the implementation of consumer acquisition and/or retention marketing tactics and plans
* Ability to project manage/prioritize multiple projects simultaneously
* Strong communication skills, and comfortable promoting the merits of new ideas to multiple stakeholders
* Experience managing a marketing budget
* Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
* Expert knowledge of all MS Office professional productivity applications (Word, PowerPoint, Access, etc.).
* Expertise in Mac based graphic, video and audio editing a plus.
* Bachelor’s Degree in marketing, communications or a related field, or equivalent combination of skills, training and experience is required.
* Experience in Sports required. Experience in Golf preferred.
* Must have the legal right to work in the United States.
New York City, New York, NYC, NY