Discovery, Inc., the new global leader in real life entertainment with powerful brands such as Discovery Channel, TLC, Animal Planet, HGTV, Food Network, and Travel Channel, is searching for a Sr. Product Manager in New York, NY to join our digital brand. In this unique role, you'll be focusing on building out the shopping experience for our brands like Food Network and HGTV.
As our product manager for commerce, you’ll work with colleagues across product, design, editorial, marketing and business development to connect our audience to the products they love across web, mobile & emerging platforms. You’ll thrive making impactful decisions for brands that customers know and love, based on user data and research. Your passion will be to discover and develop products and features that deliver both meaningful benefit to our users and strategic success for our company.
Day-to-day, you’ll succeed by learning what solutions are simultaneously usable, valuable, and feasible, through product discovery, design thinking & data driven experiments. You’ll connect regularly with customers to become the company expert on our audience and industry. You’ll lead and motivate a dedicated, cross-functional Agile team by communicating your vision, authoring user stories, prioritizing the backlog, and coordinating regularly and clearly with partners and stakeholders.
1. Develop deep understanding of the customer, data, business, and industry
2. Set, articulate, and advocate product vision and strategy
3. Define and build consensus on meaningful metrics for success
4. Prioritize features and enhancements in story backlog
5. Build and maintain roadmap (or OKRs) to create value for users and grow business
6. Author use cases and user stories and build shared understanding
7. Discover opportunities worth pursuing through rapid experimentation via product discovery and design thinking methods
8. Identify and map customer goals, values and needs more than “wants” or “table stakes”
9. Inform decisions with qualitative and quantitative data
10. Ensure good communication and transparency by partnering with internal teams including editorial, marketing, advertising, business development, etc
11. Coordinate with product peers and their teams to share learnings and ensure quality cross-platform experience
* 4+ years experience in digital product management
* Experience in commerce, ideally with brands connecting content & commerce
* Deep empathy for customers and other humans
* Exceptional communication and storytelling skills
* Top notch organizational and analytical skills
* Strong user experience sensibilities
* Strong experience with analytics and user research to drive decisions
* Strong experience with Agile methodologies
* Ability to speak fluently with business people, partners, engineers
* Experience with product discovery, design thinking, lean product a plus
* Experience as a designer, engineer, data analyst or user researcher a plus
* Must have the legal right to work in the United States
New York City, New York, NYC, NY
Want to Learn More?
Learn more about our company culture and life at Discovery, Inc. at https://corporate.discovery.com/
About Discovery, Inc.
Discovery is the global leader in real life entertainment, serving passionate fans around the world with content that inspires, informs and entertains. Discovery delivers over 8,000 hours of original programming each year across deeply loved content genres.
Available in 220 countries and territories and 50 languages, Discovery is a platform innovator, reaching viewers on all screens and services, from linear, free-to-air and pay–TV channels to digital products and streaming services, to social and mobile-first content and formats. Discovery’s portfolio of premium brands includes Discovery Channel, HGTV, Food Network, TLC, Investigation Discovery, Travel Channel, Turbo/Velocity, Animal Planet, and Science Channel, as well as OWN: Oprah Winfrey Network in the U.S., Discovery Kids in Latin America, and Eurosport, the leading provider of locally relevant, premium sports and Home of the Olympic Games across Europe.