The Data & Strategic Insights team enables a holistic 360 view of the consumer and content for the entire Discovery organization. The team leverages a central research model with shared data and analytics services that can be accessed by all consumer-facing business functions. Using big data platforms, data warehousing and business intelligence technology, audience data, advanced analytics, data science, visualization, and self-service analytics, this team creates a shared, cohesive language with standardized data, metrics, and reporting to enable a global research community.
The Director, Enterprise Analytics is responsible for leading data visualization and self-service analytics solutions. This position will support and partner with business end-users across the company as well as colleagues in the Data & Strategic Insights Team to deliver business value using data visualization and analytics tools and methods. This position may be based in either our Sterling, Virginia or New York City office, and will manage a team of 3-5 individuals who are based in one or more of those offices.
1. Lead a team of data visualization and analytics professionals to deliver valuable data and insights
2. Oversee the design and delivery of effective data visualizations to support business decision making and problem solving
3. Facilitate discussions with data users to surface and prioritize issues, requirements, and solutions
4. Follow data management best practices and support a central source of truth that that drives multi-platform business optimization as well as accountability across the organization
* Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Business, Analytics, or a related discipline; or an equivalent combination of demonstrated skills and experience
* Minimum 7 years professional experience in analytics
* Minimum 3 years professional experience managing teams
* Familiarity with media industry topics and trends including audience measurement, content, marketing, and advertising
* Knowledge of relational database technology with intermediate to advanced SQL skills
* Experienced with data visualization and BI/analytics solution assessment, development and delivery
* Effective at team leadership and project management
* Intermediate to Advanced user of Tableau and/or Microsoft Power BI
* Familiarity with data management principles including data integrity, data quality/hygiene, data governance, and ETL
* Self-starter, highly motivated, strong delegator, positive demeanor, polished communicator, and able to juggle multiple assignments simultaneously.
Sterling, Virginia, VA