GOLFTV is a new international venture from Discovery that will bring coverage from the best professional golf events to fans around the world. Discovery Golf is creating a new, innovative digital platform to deliver live content and special features that will change the way golf coverage is enjoyed.
The GOLFTV Product Team is looking for a Product Manager – Responsive Web to support the business with managing the development and execution of the digital products and platforms for Discovery Golf. Specifically, this Product Manager will be focused on the responsive website (mobile, tablet, and desktop experiences).
You will be responsible for carrying features through the full product lifecycle – ideation to production, supplementing with product requirement documents, market research, user stories, user testing, defining KPIs, wireframes, flow diagrams, testing, risk analysis and other supporting information to make product iterations successful. You will be at the intersection between the business, customers and technology.
This role reports into the VP of Product and will work closely with product management, design, engineering, editorial, advertising and marketing teams to define and deliver features and enhancements that will drive engagement and revenue for GOLFTV.
In addition to the responsibilities noted above:
• Manage the product roadmap, getting internal consensus and incorporating feedback from a range of sources to ensure the right features are delivered at the right time.
• Lead product development teams to success, transcending reporting lines while generating a strong team culture.
• Manage the app lifecycle including managing distribution of internal app testing, app update releases, app store images & descriptions, and app store dashboards overall.
• Contribute to the delivery of high-quality products as perceived by the end user, measured against satisfaction metrics.
• Prioritise and effectively manage development time to maximize return on investment.
• Ensure complex business needs are perfectly documented and reflected in product roadmaps and in the resulting products.
• Provide strong team leadership – lead by example.
• Work successfully within a milestone-driven environment, utilizing standardized product development processes.
• Contribute to on-time, on-budget delivery of products and features.
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Design, Communications, or a related field.
• Minimum 3-4 years of proven product management experience in a digital media company in the video streaming space, preferably in sports.
• Bias towards action, and a demonstrated ability to break down work and identify the highest value, lowest-effort items.
• Detailed knowledge of Agile development practices and a demonstrated ability to deliver high-impact features at scale.
• Demonstrable experience of website product development.
• Experience of working in a start-up environment and across all stages of the product life-cycle.
• Experience of using analytical tools to monitor success of features and influence changes to the product.
• Have knowhow of User Experience and Usability and be able to apply it to the product.
• Experience of working with a mixture of in-house and outsourced or offshore teams.
• Excellent written and oral communication. Able to write and present to non-digitally-savvy audiences.
• Knowledge and understanding of Agile product development practices.
• Experience of stakeholder management in a matrixed environment.
• Able to apply sound judgment to make decisions in line overall development strategy and process.
• A passion for Sport and/or a good understanding of the media and sport industries.