The Pricing and Inventory Analyst will coordinate with their Manager to work with Sales Assistants and Sales Planners to ensure inventory is utilized and managed to optimally drive revenue. The position will report to the Manager of Pricing & Planning. Pricing and Inventory analysts provide support to Account Executives and Sales Planners on Discovery’s US networks which include: HGTV, ID, Animal Planet, DIY Network, Food Network, TLC, OWN, Cooking Channel, Discovery Channel, Travel Channel, Science & Motor Trend Network.
1. Strategically maximize revenue through inventory usage.
2. Execute established Stewardship guidelines and communicate ADU approvals; Monitor accounts for over-delivery.
3. Daily communication with Ad Sales and Commercial Operations about remaining avails for closing logs.
4. Monitor inventory limits and guidelines.
5. Manage & maintain all programming updates on Sales Ratecard; Communicate with Ad Sales on major event priorities and advertiser branded entertainment parameters.
6. Analyze program delivery and pricing strategies, and monitor ‘Do Not Air’ lists provided by AE teams.
7. Coordinate Upfront Programming materials to aid in the development of the Upfront & Scatter Ratecards.
8. Weekly inventory reporting from ad hoc requests.
* Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of 1-3 years’ work experience.
* Strong Analytical skillset.
* Strong computer skills; highly proficient in MS Office, particularly in Excel.
* Knowledge of media math and audience metrics a plus.
* Comfortable interacting with all key stakeholders in business process.
* Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
* Detail-oriented with ability to multi-task.
* Quick learner and problem solver; thinks “outside the box”.
* Must have legal right to work in the United States.
New York City, New York, NYC, NY