Join the team Marketing Strategy that positions, markets and messages the entire line-up of shows across Discovery and Science channels. We work hard to know our audience inside out and develop strategic campaigns across on-air, cross and paid media to keep our viewers engaged and bring in new audiences. This candidate must be an energetic, innovative thinker with finely tuned project management skills and a passion for marketing.
The Marketing Strategy Project Manager, will report to the Director of Marketing Strategy and is responsible for the daily tracking and management marketing deliverables for show titles. This role will be responsible for tracking the creation and delivery of promo and design assets, assisting in securing strategic partnerships and details surrounding consumer events and promotions.
1. Strategize, manage and track a large number of creative deliverables for priority show promotions.
2. Work effectively with team members throughout the network portfolio including programming, production, digital, press, research, creative and Discovery GO teams to develop and deliver on marketing plans.
3. Help the team with creating decks to pitch new ideas, plans and partnerships.
4. Prioritize and manage multiple projects at any one time.
5. Execute out of the box strategic marketing ideas, such as events and sweepstakes.
6. Write and develop creative briefs that help to position priority series and specials.
7. Manage marketing MAP document
* College Degree combined with 2-4 years of professional work experience, ideally in a marketing, agency, media or entertainment company.
* Experience working in a marketing strategy role.
* Superior project management and organizational skills with the ability to manage timelines and a large number of deliverables and assets.
* Knowledge of budget management and tracking.
* Collaborative team player with strong leadership skills, familiarity with complex, matrixed organizations.
* Excellent communication (verbal and written), interpersonal and presentation skills are essential for this highly collaborative position.
* Demonstrated organizational skills and strong attention to detail.
* Fluent in Mac environments as well as MS Office including Excel, Word and PowerPoint
* Must have the legal right to work in the US.
Los Angeles, California, LA, CA