Discovery, Inc is looking for a consumer insights research professional to join our New York team in the role of Manager, Advertiser & Consumer Insights. This position will play an integral role on the Advertiser Insights & Effectiveness Solutions team which oversees custom research executed in support of Discovery, Inc. ad sales efforts, across all platforms and across all properties (e.g., Discovery Channel, HGTV, Food Network, TLC, ID and more!).
This role will predominantly focus on the management and execution of advertising effectiveness research (i.e., vendor selection, questionnaire development, vendor management and reporting). Secondarily, the role is tasked with creating marketing “stories” to convey the value of advertising with Discovery from a campaign case study or advertising category perspective via primary research findings and/or secondary and syndicated data.
1. Manage third party research vendors in their execution of brand, sales and site visit (geolocation) lift studies (e.g., Kantar Millward Brown, Nielsen, etc.). Ensure that the analytical design, questionnaire and final presentation align with client’s research goals and objectives.
2. Synergize primary research findings with secondary and syndicated data (i.e., Simmons, MRI, Kantar Futures, etc.) to create compelling narratives to educate our sales team as well as convey the value of advertising with Discovery
3. Develop market-level insights including market trends, consumer behavior, and competitive dynamics, with a focus on identifying growth levers
4. Tap into Discovery proprietary research panels for advertiser-specific requests as well as general consumer insights research.
5. Support research, sales and sales marketing teams on strategic research and insights initiatives, projects as assigned.
* Bachelor’s degree required
* Will have a minimum of 4+ years of research and data experience in TV/media research at a media brand, television network or agency.
* Will have 2+ years experience conducting ad effectiveness (control/exposed) research. Experience with standard attitudinal measurement as well as more innovative measurement- online/offline ROI, place-based measurement, etc.- preferred.
* Solid foundation in primary quantitative research, i.e., questionnaire development, navigating survey programming logic, reading and developing cross-tabulations, etc.
* Capable of big data analyses, creative storytelling, data visualization and presentation development; Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
* Superior project management skills- ability to prioritize among multiple brands and projects
* Ability to work individually and in a team setting
* Enthusiastic, eager and a positive attitude – a must!
* Must have the legal right to work in the United States
New York City, New York, NYC, NY