Discovery, Inc., the new global leader in real life entertainment with powerful brands such as Discovery Channel, TLC, Animal Planet, HGTV, Food Network, and Travel Channel, is searching for a Senior Financial Analyst, Consolidation in Knoxville, TN to join our Accounting team.
Not familiar with Knoxville?
Many people know Knoxville as the heart of Vol Country, but it's also been named Top 100 Best Places to Live, Forbes’ Best Places for Careers, Forbes’ Most Affordable Cities, Huffington Post’s Top 10 Places to Relocate to in the US and more.
The Senior Financial Analyst, Consolidation will be a part of the team responsible for closing the books for the Company. This individual will be responsible for performing the accounting for non-standard/complex areas to ensure compliance with US GAAP and should be comfortable working directly with management of the company as well as the external auditors.
1. Responsible for performing the accounting for complex transactions
2. Work with the Technical Accounting & SEC Reporting and team to align and reflect non-standard accounting matters in the books and records of the company
3. Helps to facilitate SEC reporting through process excellence and use of systems and automation
4. Helps to Drive transformation and change in accounting processes and systems
5. Prepares and reviews consolidation journal entries, intercompany elimination transactions, and consolidated divisional and subsidiary financial entries on a timely and accurate basis for inclusion in internal and external financial statements
6. Coordinates with accounting teams around the world
7. Prepares account reconciliations and rollforwards
8. Make decisions guided by established policies and procedures
9. Other duties and responsibilities as needed
What you need to have:
* BS/BA in related discipline from an accredited university
* Minimum of 2 years of experience and a strong understanding of US Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (US GAAP), IFRS, and SOX requirements
* CPA or path to CPA required
* Must have the legal right to work in the United States
It’s a plus if you have:
* Big 4 public accounting background
* Experience with the financial close and consolidation of an SEC registrant
* Experience accounting for derivatives, joint ventures, and other complex accounting areas
* Experience with SAP strongly preferred
* Experience working directly with external auditors
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Attention to detail, accuracy and strong organizational skills
* Capacity to juggle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment
* Ability to meet deadlines under pressure
* Must be able to work collaboratively with cross-functional team members
* Experience implementing best practices
* Ability to anticipate resource requirements and to make adjustments based on emerging issues and priorities
Knoxville, Tennessee, KX, TN