The Manager, Media Strategy & Analytics oversees the day-to-day of all on-air and non-linear promotion to drive ratings and streams for assigned networks. Managing media strategists and coordinators, the Manager’s decisions regarding daily/weekly/quarterly media plans are driven by the agreed upon promotion strategies of each network and bridge the gap between the strategic demands and the requirements thereof for flawless execution on-air and in-platform.
Functioning as both strategic thinker, and man-on-the-ground logistics coordinator, the Manager is part of the Media Strategy & Analytics (MSA) department and reports to the Director, Media Strategy & Analytics. Within the MSA department, s/he works closely with colleagues from the paid media, cross channel and data/tools disciplines. With Marketing & Creative as the core constituents, s/he also interfaces with key contacts from other departments including Research, Digital, Commercial Operations, Media Logistics, and IT, among others, to ensure promotion execution is in line with agreed upon strategies.
1. Develop strategic media approach
2. Lead strategic conversations with network partners to identify quarterly priorities
3. Drive recommendations based on past learnings
4. Oversee corporate asset requests
5. Draft quarterly media plans to be vetted with Director
6. Determine investment levels
7. Interface with network research, programming, and marketing to develop strategic targets for each campaign
8. Analyze audience targets sizing
9. Work with network research to maximize linear air
10. Oversee detailed campaign planning
11. Audience targets finalized
12. Deliverables determined
13. Cutsheets distributed
14. Graphic strategy developed
15. Lead assessments of inventory impact
16. Identify impact of sales optimization on promo strategies
17. Manage inventory requests including private labels, digital, sales
18. Oversee strategic execution of campaigns
19. Ensure promo and graphic log production meets deadlines
20. Implement log adjustments and coverage as necessary
21. Ensure non-linear log execution meets deadlines
22. Lead weekly meetings with network marketing teams to discuss on-going and upcoming campaign strategies
23. Provide recommendations based on real time learnings from TiVo
24. Update network teams on M360 initiatives
25. Lead development of post analysis for on-air and non-linear campaigns
26. Oversee data gathering and slide development for all campaigns
27. Ensuring that the ‘story’ is clear in presentations to marketing
28. Develop key takeaways and recommendations
29. Lead non-linear strategy and oversee implementation
30. Drive development of complex targeting in non-linear space
31. Manage guaranteed inventory
32. Lead meetings with GO marketing
33. Assist in developing best practices
34. Drive development of network strategist/coordinator
35. Lead, motivate, inspire, and coach direct reports in order to achieve business goals and address their individual developmental needs.
36. Provide feedback on a regular basis
37. Lead ad hoc projects on any network as necessary
* Minimum 5 years of media strategy, planning and executions experience either within a network and/or agency setting.
* Experience managing teams
* Self-starter, highly motivated, strong delegator, positive demeanor, excellent communicator, and juggle multiple assignments simultaneously.
* Polished with excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
* Experience with collaborative strategic planning, and performance management where giving feedback is the norm.
* Strong verbal and written communication skills.
* Strategic with a comfort in dealing with numbers/analysis and reporting.
* Willingness and flexibility to “pitch in” with various ad-hoc projects to help support the larger team.
* Ability to adapt to change and continually evolve skills to meet the everchanging needs of the television industry.
* Understanding of TV Everywhere and the television ecosystem is a plus.
* Proficient in Microsoft Office systems, specifically in Excel and PowerPoint.
* College degree required.
* Must have the legal right to work in the United States.
New York City, New York, NYC, NY